23.

Tyree

My grandma wasn't doing any better and all I could do for the first time in a long time was pray. Day by day, she was getting weaker.

She was back in the hospital for her cancer, and been having talks with me about moving her into a home. I'm against it because I still want to take care of her, but she wants me to live my life and to stop helping her for once.

Money was starting to become too much so I went back to selling on the streets not too long ago, but I found out the other day that I don't have to do that for too much longer.

I was going to tell Siah and Pierre at the same time that I got offered a deal but Killa just had to ruin shit. Everything was going good until he wanted to start shit yet again. I didn't even get to tell them the good news. Had I knew he was this messy back then, I would've never fucked around with him. He's just jealous and bored. Nigga really desperate to sabotage my relationship.

He needs to move on. Though we never dated, he's like a crazy ass ex that hate to see you with someone else.

So, I'm going to try it again. I'm taking the both of them out so this evening I can just tell them—hopefully, without any interruptions this time.

I asked the both of them what they wanted to do today and it could be anywhere they wanted to go.

Josiah suggested that all of us to go to a nail salon to get our manicure and pedicure done. I wasn't trippin' off it, but of course Pierre was.

"Aye, watch it," Pierre mugged at the nail tech who was doing his fingernails.

"Pierre," Siah scolded. "Let the lady do her job. You're making it hard for her."

"Siah, I didn't need to get my nails done."

"Too bad. It's very important to take care of yourself. Don't you like feeling relaxed and being pampered?"

"I do like being pampered but not in this way. This is torture."

I scoffed at Pierre's dramatics. He knows good and damn well that this isn't bad.

Pierre looks over at me. "Got anything you want to say, Tyree?"

"Nah."

"Exactly. The fuck I thought. Worry about what you got going on over there."

I thought he was being serious as usual until he winks at me. Josiah didn't pay us any mind as he flips the book of what color nails he wants.

"I don't know what color I want," he pouted.

I look over his shoulder to see into the book. They have many varieties of nail colors. To be honest, all of them would look good on him.

Pierre also leans over to help him decide. "What about that light blue?" Pierre suggested.

"I'm not getting blue, Pierre."

His brows furrowed. "What's wrong with blue? I'm saying that it would look good on you."

"Every boyfriend suggest that color."

Pierre was still confused as ever and all I could do was chuckle. Siah ain't lying. It's code for: I'm taken.

"Whatever, I don't care which color you get," Pierre said, obviously annoyed. "As long as it ain't red unless you plan on coming up outta yo clothes tonight."

The people, including the nail techs that are doing our feet and nails, are all looking at us. Siah's face turned a deep red tint as he puts the book up to hide his face.

Pierre looks at me and shrugs. He just doesn't care what he says. Be prepared to get stared at if he says sumn' outta pocket around you.

Josiah clears his throat. "I-I think I'm just going to go with this pink. I think it'll look cute on me."