05.

Pierre

I couldn't stop sniffling making Darren give me a strange look. "Nigga, is you good?"

"Yeah, I'm straight. Why you ask that?"

I then twitch making Darren give me an even more of an odd look, before shaking his head and going back to playing his game.

I ain't have nun' in these past couple days, which is strange. I start to act all weird and shit without it.

"I swear if those drugs got you acting all crazy—"

"It's not. Hop off my tip," I said with an attitude.

He paused the game and he averted his eyes over to me. "Don't talk to me like that when I'm the one tryin' to help you out."

I sipped from my Capri Sun as I stared at him with no fucks to give. I whipped out my phone to FaceTime Josiah, making Darren smack his teeth, unpausing the game.

The phone didn't ring for long before Josiah answered. "What you doing?"

The phone shuffled until he set it on the counter, appearing to be in his kitchen. "I'm making some chicken and rice that my cousin wanted."

My attention perked as I smiled at him. "You gonna lemme have a plate?"

Josiah giggled as he nodded his head. "Yes, I'll make you one when it's done."

"Aight, thank you," I tell him.

"No problem. What you doing?"

"At my nigga's house." I flip the camera over so he could see Darren, who was all into the game.

"So, that's the friend you was telling me about."

Darren pauses the game and gets all in the camera for Josiah to see him. "The one and only Darren. You must be his new boyfriend." Then he gets to mocking me. "Josiah this, Josiah that—"

He was interrupted when I punched him in his shit.

In the camera, I could see Josiah's face get all red as he fumbled with his words. "N-no, we're just friends."

Just like that, here I am being the one to change the subject. "You going down to that cookout tomorrow night for the Fourth of July?"

Everybody and they mama is going to be there. My people, Darren's people; shit everybody was going to be there in our area.

"I would love to go, but Braelyn doesn't want to move all around. Plus, she hate fireworks. It's only right I be here for her since she's getting bigger and all."

I smacked my teeth at Josiah's response. "She's pregnant, not paralyzed. I want you to come."

"Pierre, I'm just looking out for my cousin."

He grabs a towel by the sink and goes over to his oven, taking the hot tray out, checking it, before sliding it back in.

I rolled my eyes. Can't he tell I just want to see him? It's been weeks, and my dick hasn't been in anything. The plan was that I was going to take him out to that cookout, stay there for a bit, take him to my house, and get in his pants there.

"Yeah, yeah, just let me know when the food is done so I can pick it up."

Josiah blankly stared at me in the camera. "Seriously?"

"Yes, deadass. I got shit to do."

Josiah sighs before saying bye and I just hung up without saying it back.

"You fucked up," Darren instigated.

"I told you all I want to do is get in his guts, gang," I shrugged.