06.

Josiah

Braelyn and I was watching tv together underneath the covers. We got a whole bunch of snacks together just for this one movie.

Suddenly, she gasps. She pulls the covers from over her and grabs my hand, putting it on her belly. "He kicked."

My brows raised as I began to get all excited. That's when he kicked again.

"Aw, Brae," I smiled, tears coming to my eyes.

"Siah, you're such a crybaby. He's just kicking."

"I know, but this is so cute!" I get to fanning my eyes while trying to take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

She rolls her eyes playfully at me. "Can't imagine how you're going to be when he gets here. You already got baby fever."

"Don't do me."

"I can't wait until I get this baby outta me. I miss my liquor—and my weed."

I lightly hit her on the shoulder as I giggled at her. Braelyn loves to get lit, but I know that'll quickly change once she have this baby.

Every since we found out the gender a few weeks back, we both been trying to pick out names for the baby.

I went back to looking at the movie until Braelyn talks again. "So, talk to me."

I tear my eyes away from the tv to look at her. She has her chin resting in her hands. My eyes rolled at her. "No more movie?"

Without looking away from me, she grabs the remote and paused the movie. Her eyes then squinted at me. "Not until we talk. You talking to two guys at the same time?"

"No."

"You're lying to me."

"I'm not though." But I know my face is telling a different story.

She lightly hit my arm with the pillow. "Your face is red. Damn, bitch! Can you save some dick for me? Hogging all the niggas and we just moved here. I wanna have a hot girl summer too."

"Brae, it's not even like that, and you're pregnant. You still got a whole another six months left, so there isn't a hot girl summer for you."

"Okay, you don't have to get smart with me, bitch. I'll still call auntie on you."

I waved off Brae. With us moving states, she'll still snitch to our moms.

"They fought on the night of Fourth of July while you were knocked out."

"Please don't tell me your lil ass tried to jump in and stop it."

I blinked at her because it's true.

"Oh my gosh, Siah! You're supposed to stand there and look cute, not intervene when there's two six foot niggas fighting."

I give her a look because be for real.

She sticks her tongue out while slightly moving her ass. "You haven't gave up the goods yet and you already got them fighting."

"I don't think they were fighting over me... it could've been something deeper. Pierre was really mad. I hope he's okay, I haven't heard from him since that night. He's been ignoring my texts and calls."

"Cousin, you better than me, I been woulda' pulled up at his house for ignoring me like I did sum', tuh! How mad was he?"

"Pissed."

"And what he say to you?"

"He told me to get away from him."

She squints her eyes at me. "How did he say it like?"