Smoky

Surveyor x Trickster

___

A dark shadow grew tall in the corner of an alley, like a vengeful spirit thirsty for blood and chaos. There was the sound of a gunshot, a screeching, then nothing. Only the dead silence of the night. Under the dim light of the buzzing neons from some hotel on the opposite street, two men emerged from the small passage.

One man wore his jacket on his shoulders and lighted up a cigarette, its tip burned blood red as he blew into it, grey smoke forming a cloud. The other man on his side got closer to him, pinching another cigarette between his fingers and his lips as he stuck it to the other to steal its fire.

"Tired?" he asked in a low voice.

"Exterminating demons in the middle of the night isn't exactly the most peaceful job."

The man with a red tie let out a sigh, to which his colleague laughed before pointing out at the hotel in front of them, his other hand slipping around his waist.

"We could take a break."

Trickster looked up at Surveyor. He always hated that damn weird goggle because he couldn't know what kind of expression the other was making. What was hidden behind this mask? What would reflect in those eyes he only knew the colour of due to one time he had let down his guard and drank a bit too much. That night was engraved in his mind and body, but he wasn't sure for which he wanted Surveyor.

"We still have a few tasks to handle before being off."

"Alright," the man in a dark coat smirked as he tugged faintly on Trickster's tie, his breath suddenly close enough to his ear, making him shudder, "But I would pay anything to see that cute face of yours again, and I really mean anything."

Trickster turned his head away abruptly to hide his embarrassment. His hand pushed Surveyor's torso out of the way so he could lead the way to their next target.

"Let's go Casanova."

"Yes, boss!"

Surveyor let out a chuckle as he quickly caught up to Trickster and walked by his side. From time to time he would try to slip an arm around his shoulders, but only for it to be smacked back.