Fishing for Materials

Night Owl x Exorcist

Day 3 of the Elisop Week : Swimsuit

____

The fine sand covering the entire area embraced the turquoise sea. Seagulls flying high in the sky looked like blurry shadows. All while the shade created by the coconut trees left place for the perfect spot on the beach, away from the scorching heat of the sun, just for Night Owl to watch over Exorcist looking for materials and fighting off some wandering monsters.

“Eli, how do you intend to help me if you refuse to get wet?”

The gray-haired man tiredly straightened up with what looked like sea shells and fish tails of various shapes and sizes in his arms. The amount he got on his arms was quite huge but all of this easily disappeared in a basket he kept on the side, the wonders of alchemy.

“You know-... Water and I… It’s a bit of a complicated relationship… Why do we humans have to dip into water as earthly beings? This is just nonsense-!”

Night Owl was sitting under a coconut tree, arms tightly locked around his bare and dry legs.

"You're just being weird. Also isn’t your village high in the mountains, what earth..."

“Actually I think you’re weirder for still wearing that spiked mask even at the beach.”

Right, despite the weather the Exorcist still kept his leather mask, a fabric that most would advise avoiding in such a place. Well, he felt more comfortable this way and at least he was not crazy enough to wear his usual matching outfit. He did not like swimsuits very much but he could not deny that it was more practical for their expedition. On the other hand, Owl looked more ridiculous for going all the way to even bring a buoy with him when being so adamant on staying far from the shore.

"Well, enjoy gazing at the crabs I guess."

Exorcist shrugged as he walked away towards the sea to search for seaweed underwater. It was quite funny to see him dive his head then emerge looking like a mop, clear beads dropping from his hair, well-shaped face and chest. It would be a waste if he did not enjoy it a bit, right. This place was already quite far from Arland so they would not come back for a while. It was not every day Exorcist would so willingly be underundressed too.

Owl gathered his courage and stood up on his feet, the other man still unaware of what was going on behind him, too focused on his task. Evaluating the quality of his goods was an easy task but it took much longer than collecting them and the space in his basket was not infinite so he had to be very careful about it.

For a second, Exorcist thought he saw something shine but as he was going to bend to pick it, strong arms slid around his waist to lift him up, his knees now above the water and on each side of the brown-haired man's torso.

“I thought you didn’t like water…”

“Well, since I’m here now, might partake in the fun too.”

Exorcist brought his arms around Owl's neck for support, the pressure of the waves making his stance unstable. At the same time, the brunet saw the opportunity to leave a kiss on the man's collarbone, trailing up to his chin which sent a shiver down Exorcist's spine. Their naked skin were pressed together even closer than usual due to the water putting weight on their clothes.

"Eli! Aesop!" shouted a voice from afar.

The Exorcist looked behind Owl's back to perceive what looked like a small group of people waiting for them on the shore, waving their arms at them.

"You asked the others to come?"

"I thought it was safer if we were gonna fight the guardian of the sea-"

Well, it was thoughtful of him but the mood was broken now. Owl seemed to see the disappointment in Exorcist's eyes so he lowered his mask with his finger and pressed one deep chaste kiss against his wet lips as a compensation.

"Don't worry, I'll find a reason for them to leave later."

"What..."

Exorcist eyed him with disbelief. Owl simply smiled and put him down before walking away to join the others. The gray-haired man lifted his mask to its original position, the feeling of wet leather was honestly very disturbing but he could not take it off or their friends would not leave him alone regarding his flushed cheeks.