Drunk in Love

Noir x Gatto

_____

For once, they had decided to drink together. Gatto had finally finished his experiments regarding a project and there was only the approval of D.M. left so in the meantime, Noir seized the opportunity to invite him to a nearby bar to the manor. Of course, being close to the Melodis estate meant that it was a rather luxurious establishment than the bars commonly seen in the main city. The place was named Bourbon, as if to tell the world that it was owned by that famous barmaid and as expected, the drinks served there were definitely worth each penny of its price.

Before they knew it, shots were passed and gulped to the rhythm of the jazz music played by the turntable. None of them were used to drink but it did not hurt to let loose sometimes, they both really needed it with the pressure of their work. A distance always remained between them but it was a fine one, a comfortable gap, which permitted to keep check on the other in their own way.

However, Noir was an eager man.

Gatto knew it but still asked for time so the dark-haired man could only abide. But how long had it been since he said that?

"Is it the right time now...?"

"Noir-"

He leaned in, his face so close to Gatto's that he could feel his warm breath brushing against his lips, hungry for his touch. Their bodies were entangled together in this cramped dark alley, the gray-haired man's arms over the other's while Noir held him by the waist. Gatto was not so sure as to how they had ended in this situation but the reeking smell of whiskey coupled with those blue eyes staring right into him made him melt in the embrace.

How could he resist anymore? After holding in so long he was finally reaching his limit. What he wanted was just in front of him but the feeling of guilt and anxiousness kept creeping in his stomach. He did not want Noir to become his weakness, but he also could not bear to let his true thoughts unheard.

"I've loved you since so long."

The distance faded into submission as their lips crashed against each other, each trying to fight for dominance, each only wanting to convey what weighted on their hearts. That night was an exception, but a blissful one for they had never been so close.