Ashton || Maddie

She was broken, there was nothing that could fix her. There was so much going on in her life, she had the guy of her dreams, the life she had always dreamed of when she was a child but nothing could stop her from feelings the emptiness she felt inside. Her life was crashing down, she felt nothing could save her now. She was stuck living this life she swore she didn't belong in.  A deep sigh escaped past her lips as she placed her hands on each side of the sink as her head hung low.  This was the step she wasn't wanting to take but this was her last option.  

Her hands held tightly to the sink the more and more she thought about the life she was living.  Anyone would be lucky to have the life she had, but there was so much anxiety involved in it. With one more deep breath and quick exhale she lifted her head to finally face the monster starring back at her.  Her worse enemy was herself, the only person that can bring her down more than she was currently was the person looking back at her through the mirror. She wanted to so badly to break the class and shatter the image of herself. 

Closing her eyes to no longer look at the creature she despised looking back at her, she opened the medicine cabinet.  Quickly grabbing the pills that she was destined on taking, the ones that would remove her from this life she was purely tired of living. Her shaking hands held the bottle as she headed towards the bedroom she shared with the love of her life.  Her goal was to get this all over with before he arrived home.  If he caught her in the act, he would be more upset at himself then he would be at her.  She didn't want to be stopped this time.  She wanted to accomplish the goal she had been planning for years. 

Her shaking hands unscrewed the lid from the bottle as she pored them down on the bed beside her. Grabbing the notebook she tossed on the bed a few minutes before she went to the bathroom.  Her eyes started to tear up as she thought about what to say to him, knowing she had planned this out so many times now in her head but having the actual moment to write it is something she never even pictured herself doing. 

"Why is this so hard?!" She said as she crumbled up another piece of paper, with words that clearly made no sense. 

Her tears kept staining the paper as they continued to fall quickly down her cheeks. This moment in time she wanted to just grab the pills poured on her bed, while saying screw this note.  But she felt like this note is her final goodbye, and if she leaves without saying a goodbye or mentioning something she had always wanted to say than everyone around her would be in more of a hassle than she is in now. 

"Maddie?"His voice rang through the room as she sat with her back towards him. 

His footsteps got closer to where she was placed on the bed, she started to frantically throw the notebook to the ground as her hands went to the pills as she tried to quickly place them back in the bottle.  Her actions stopped as a hand grabbed her wrist roughly causing the everything she help in one to fall back onto the bed.  Her heart was beating faster and faster as she waited for him to say something. In her head she was pleading for him to say something to make her want to do it more than she already wanted. 

The bed dipped as he soon placed himself in front of her. She wanted to vanish, her mind continued to beat her up for not doing it before he arrived. Her time was spared questioning herself instead of finishing the job.  There was nothing she could do, she was caught.  Now the only thing she was waiting for was the words that would soon be leaving Ashton's lips. 

"Come with me." He let go of her wrist as his hands scooped up the pills that were scattered on the bed. 

Keeping them placed in his hand he headed to the bathroom as she sadly followed behind him. She was shocked at his quiet behavior as she expected him to ask her why, and demand answers to why she never asked him for help. Or even told him she was feeling like this. But his silence and short sentences had eased her to be more and more panicked than a whore in church. 

He instructed her to sit in the floor by the door.  She watched him nervously as he just swung open the medicine cabinet as he pushed every pill bottle into the sink. The ones that were tightly held in his hand were soon thrown in the toilet as he soon start doing the same to the pills that filled the bottles in the sink. She remained speechless, as she knew if she said anything he would soon blow up.  Every pill that was ever placed in the cabinet was now in the toilet.  He quickly flushed it before he turned around and locked eyes with her. 

"Are there anymore pills in the house?" His voice was soft and calm. She shook her head. 

A deep sigh left his lips as his sat in-front of her. She wouldn't dare look him directly in the face as she was scared what emotion his face was holding.  His hands were placed on her knees as he pushed down on them, his hands seemed to run up and down her legs as if he seemed to be looking for something. His hands soon moved her wrists as he continued his search.  She was too scared to ask him what he was exactly looking for. 

"You haven't harmed yourself have you?" She shook her head, not wanting to know why he had asked such a question like that. 

Before she could even speak up a single word he had asked her to move away from the door, as well as instructed her to stay and to not move. Her mind began to wonder on where he was going.  The idea that he was going to call someone and tell them about what he walked in on her doing or trying to do. She wanted to so badly to get up and see where he had went off to, but as soon as she was about to remove herself from the floor Ashton had entered the room once again holding several things against his chest. He placed them all in front of her before he sat down. 

Her eyes couldn't look to his as she kept her eyes focused on what was placed in front of her. Before she could reach her hand out to slightly open them to see what lays in the weird wide pages. His fingers moved under neath the cover of the book placed on top, he slowly moved it up showing pictures placed with in the pages. 

"You see this girl right here?"

"And here?" 

Every picture he pointed at was a picture where she was smiling. Besides her rare and bright smile being placed in the photo, it also had the guy that meant the world to her.  She lightly traced her fingers over one of the photos before placing her hand over Ashton's. 

She nodded wanting him to go on with what he is trying to say. "This girl is my world, this girl right here has placed her self on the side lines for others. This girl has changed my life for the good.  It hurts me to see her go through something that could harm her in anyway. This girl doesn't know how much i love her and how much she means to me." 

His hand flipped over to where it was now squeezing hers. His eyes were now focused on her, there was a twinkle in his eye that proved everything that was coming from his mouth was true.  He was everything that she has ever wanted and her mind was racing on what could have happened if he would have came home later than he did.  Her eyes began to quickly water as she was thinking of causing the man that loves her more than anything pain. 

"I love you." Her voice cracked as she finally got the urge to talk. 

A light smile formed to Ashton's face as he looked at her.  He was thankful that the love she felt for him and the love he showed her was strong enough to keep her going.  It was strong enough to keep her here with him. All someone needs is someone to show them love, or show they care.  With just those small actions someone could reconsider their plans to do something they might regret in the long run.