...Airy Didn't Die (Pt.2)

Heyo my Edgelings!

Part 2 is finally out and this was a very fulfilling chapter to write!!

Things to note:

#1 - I'm starting off in Moldy's (Charlotte's) perspective and giving her a decent chunk of the chapter because I feel like everyone paints her as a very 2 dimensional, one-note character.

Angry girl boss.

While this isn't a bad thing, I would just like to see something a little more creative with her... so I wrote it myself goshdarnit.

#2 - I also made Scenty's (Amelia's) section a bit calmer, because she just gets absolutely beat up in every fiction I read about her. She either goes insane or dies and I just want her to have a happy ending goshdangit!! So again, I wrote it myself.

#3 - The Airy and Liam section was the most satisfying part of this whole thing... you'll see why.

Anyways, enjoy!

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Charlotte gasped at the jarring change of scenery. It was... dark for once, well not entirely, one light bulb in the ceiling gave off a dim glow, but it was so much darker than the eternal light of the Plane.

A strong waft of new smells punched her in the face. It had been so long since she had smelled anything but grass that it instantly made her dizzy. The very slight, but still very noticeable change in the temperature caused her to feel tingly and strange. The dull humming of the air conditioning unit gave her a headache.

Gosh, she had forgotten how... full everything here was compared to the emptiness of the Plane. It was frightening how it all was affecting here. She had underestimated how used to the Plane she had become.

She stood completely still for several minutes, trying to let her senses adjust to the sudden change. A single tear fell down her cheek, both from the headache and from the sorrow she felt. She couldn't hide how awful she felt about Liam being trapped with that... psychopath. She had tried to stay strong, but more and more tears poured down her cheeks.

Finally, after nearly an hour of confusing mental signals overloading her brain, she finally adapted to the new environment. With her thought clarity restored, she began to absorb her surroundings better.

Oh... she was back in her apartment kitchen.

She looked down at the counter. Of course, the carrots she had been chopping were gone. She was surprised she still remembered what she had been doing before. Wait...

...Parker.

She needed to apologize to him. After everything she had been through, she finally realized how wrong and selfish she had been. Not only with him, but with all her other friends who had tried to help her. She needed to make things right.

She walked around the counter, heading towards the door. She reached over to the coat hooks to grab her jacket, but her hand landed on foreign material. She looked over, squinting in the dim light, and found herself looking at a bright pink child's coat.

What the...

I mean... she knew her mold was spreading, and the Plane certainly hadn't helped her mental state... but she had never hallucinated before...

Unless...

She stepped back, glancing around the room in confusion, realizing that it was more than just the coat that was wrong. What were all these dolls doing everywhere? Where was her TV? Why was the furniture different?