"I'm not dying." It was Law's turn to roll his eyes.

"What exams?" Uta and Ace asked, the only ones who didn't know.

"Torao's taking exams to get his medical degree and license." Luffy answered excitedly. "Torao would be a real doctor then!"

"I still am a real doctor!" Law defended his skills.

"Yeah but after you get your license, you'd be real real!"

"How's that any different from now?"

"I think what Luffy means is that you would be able to be a doctor relatively more publically, without having to worry about the legality of your actions." Chopper worded out his friend's thoughts.

"Yeah that!" Luffy nodded. "When someone's hurt, you'd flash your license at them and say 'I'm a doctor.'" The young man imitated his boyfriend.

"Nobody does that..." All the doctors present in the room said at the same time.

"It'd be so fun! You and the funny guys and Bepo could come up with new things too! And then they would be able to write your name in the papers too!"

"That... would be nice." Law agreed, patting Luffy's head, a fond smile on his face.

"But once Law starts working in a hospital, you won't get to see him all the time. Have you resolved yourself for that, Luffy?" Hongo grinned in mischief.

"Whaaaat?" Luffy drawled, pouting.

"Yeah, doctors have a tough schedule yoi." Marco nodded in agreement.

"Yes Luffy, and since Law is very capable, he would have a busier schedule than everyone else." Chopper backed.

"That's not fair!" Luffy stomped his foot. "Torao you gotta be bad at your job then, so you have free time."

Law chuckled. "That's like asking you to not be sunny." The surgeon realized he had said that out loud, in public, a little too late. Law felt blood rush to his face.

"It's ok bro, we all think the same." Hongo patted Law's back with a snigger.

"Sengoku actually already told me I'm not allowed to work regular hours." Law said after clearing his throat. "Something about my heart being as it is."

"Yes Torao, take it slow, a stent's no joke." Chopper frowned and advised.

"So I keep getting told."

Once Hongo began making arrangements for Uta's transfer, everyone was dismissed and Law was needed back at the house with his friends for other steps of the arrangement. Luffy was torn between going with Law and making sure Uta was ok, but the decision was made for him when Law told his boyfriend to go with his sister and that he had to talk about boring stuff with his friends anyway.

Picking up some noodles from a nearby place, Law went home. The four Hearts ate in relative peace before they began talking again.

"Ok so before your exams, doctor Kureha wanted to go over all your experience in medicine." Penguin said sipping on the tea Law had made for the four of them.

"All of it?" Law repeated.

"Yapp, buddy, all of it." Shachi sighed.

"You have all the reports already made right?" Bepo asked.

"Yeah but..." Law scratched his chin. "I'd have to ask Luffy about how much data I can share because... you know." The doctor trailed, not wanting to word everything out.

"The reports are that explicit?" Penguin asked, surprised.

"I had to write why I did what I did, so yes, they had to be explicit."