48

The response from the hall was immediate.

The students whispered among themselves for a few seconds before an uproar came from Hufflepuff. The rest of the houses followed. Even Slytherin.

"Silence!" Dumbledore shouted. "SILENCE!"

Nobody grew quiet, if anything they got louder.

Hermione warned you this was going to happen. By pretending to be somebody you weren't you raised suspicion. Nobody would trust you again.

"Come on, Y/n," George said, getting up and holding your hand to drag you out of the great hall.

"No, George." You didn't let him pull you away. You did stand up however and the insults and accusations hit you harder now that you could see the people you had grown closer with over the school year turn on you.

Not everyone however.

Hermione was glaring at the people shouting. Harry and Ron nodded at you once, showing their support.

Draco's face was sad but as you made eye contact you knew he would stick with you through anything.

Fleur and Krum got their friends to shut up and smiled softly at you.

You took a deep breath. Your friends had your back, some friends that used to be enemies.

You were done with running from your past, from your name. "I," you said, scanning the crowd, "am Regulus Black's daughter."

The crowd grew quiet.

"But I am not him."

They didn't seem to believe you but you pushed on.

"I did not hurt Cedric."

You left the table. Murmurs arose again as you walked out of the hall.

George, Fred, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Draco, Fleur, and Krum followed.

___

The school year ended and the plan was that you were never going to return to Hogwarts.

As a student that is.

You kissed George after you got off the express at King's Cross. "I love you George."

"Love you, too, darling." He looked at you sadly but this wasn't the end. "Don't have too much fun homeschooling without me."

"I could never." Merlin, I'm going to miss him.

Dumbledore had pulled some strings and somebody names Remus Lupin had agreed to be your teacher, so you could stay in England.

In exchanged, you just had to tell him what you saw in the graveyard that night. It was weird, pulling your memory from your mind and putting it in the sieve.

You and George were staying together. You would get to see him during Hogsmeade visits and holiday breaks.

And you were already exchanging letters with the rest of your friends.

If they needed anything, you would be there to help.

Traumatic experiences bring people together apparently.

Rita Skeeter had published slander about you in the Daily Prophet so you would have to lay low for a long time but it wouldnt be as lonely anymore.

"George! Come on!" Molly called George away from you and he pulled you into one last hug.

"See you soon." With one last long, slow kiss he pulled away from you and went to join his family.

And you went on your way to the Johnsons, who were signing over gaurdianship to somebody they had never heard of before.

Supposedly he was your uncle but the name 'Sirius' didn't sound real.

They didn't know what you had gotten up to this school year but they knew for sure they didn't want to find out.