(48) The Dress

"I can't open my mouth and forget how to talk, 'cause even if I could wouldn't know where to start, wouldn't know when to stop."

-Phoebe Bridgers

The pill calmed my buzzing nerves, allowing a cool sensation to wash over my body and mind as I stared at myself in the mirror. I would have never heard the end of it from the Avengers if they saw me in... this.

Forcing myself not to laugh, I throw the cloak over my shoulders, covering my entire body just as Anakin, Ruhn, and Obi-Wan walk into the hanger. I can sense Anakin's apprehension and as if a rope were between us, my body makes its way toward him.

"How do you plan on keeping the queen occupied?" Obi-Wan questions my husband, placing the Zygerrian helm on his face, completing his guard ensemble. Ruhn is in a similar getup and I can't help but giggle as he glowers.

"Well..." Anakin chuckled and his infectious humor washes over me, "with my magnetic charm of course." I snorted as the four of us made our way to the exit, sand had more charm than him... I should know.

"Oh... yes." Obi-Wan stiffens a laugh as sarcasm laces his tone, "Of course."

Mockingly offended, Anakin grabs his saber from his belt, motioning to R2, "Hold onto this will you buddy?" R2 beeps happily, extending a metal claw. Once Anakin's saber is safely stored inside the mech, I give the beloved droid my own sabers, watching with a hint of dismay as they disappear, I had only just gotten them back.

Obi-Wan does the same and with that last of our disguises in place, we exit the ship, sunlight spilling into the darkened hanger and causing my eyes to squint as I pull the cloak's hood over my head.

"Please remind me why I'm the one playing the part of the slave?" I gestured to my get up, raising a brow towards my husband. The plan was simple: Anakin and I would distract the queen while Obi-Wan and Ruhn searched for the missing Togrutas.

"I tried it once, I wasn't any good at it." Anakin responds without missing a beat. Oh... While there is humor in his voice, I can feel his anger simmering under the lightheartedness, "Besides, the role of master comes easily to me." He winks at me and I can feel my entire body go red. I'm suddenly very thankful that Ruhn and Obi-Wan are a few steps ahead, oblivious to our conversation.

My eyes widen a bit at a sudden realization, it's been three years since the last time I've had sex. We've had sex. Well I guess for Anakin it's only been three months but... oh my god.

"Really?" I question, quirking a brow and crossing my arms, "Actually try to do a good job this time."

Snorting, Anakin shakes his head, a smile on his face as he leads me towards the city. Dust fills the air, coating my throat and nostrils, basically my entire body. The streets of the city are filled with ravagers and markets, far from the illustrious ones in Germany that she and Nick had visited.

Horror curls in my stomach as I watch a male Twi'Lek stumble to the ground, heavy chains upon his bright blue arms. His hands cover his face, his body shrinking back as a Zygerrian male unfurls and electric gold whip, energy buzzing in the air.

Rage fills my body as I think of Anakin, of those who have lost their lives... to this. Before I can think better of it, before anyone can stop me, I'm darting toward the male, my fingers wrapping around his arm just as it moves into a striking position.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." My voice is low and cold as I hold the male in place. His head turns to face me, anger flashing in his lifeless eyes as he assesses me. His disgust washes over me in waves.