(47) Ticking Time Bomb

"I don't care how long it takes as long as I'm with you"

-D4vd

Kiros really is such a beautiful planet, I just wish I were here for different circumstances. I watched from the bridge with Anakin and Obi-Wan, the green planet drawing closer and closer.

"All clear sir, there are no Separatists in the system." Cody confirmed from his post, Obi-Wan stroked his beard from beside me, he was clearly trying to figure something out and I couldn't blame him.

The Togruta of Kiros had requested aid from the Republic; they had hoped to stay neutral during the war, but, thanks to Count Dooku, their dreams of peace had been shattered.

"It's been ten rotations since Master Yoda's transmission, I hope we aren't too late." Anakin muttered as the three of us began walking down the bridge and to the exit. I had to agree with my husband, anything could have happened within that time frame.

"Rex, take us down." Obi-Wan ordered my commander. His armor had new strips of blue paint to represent the 501st's merge with the 7th. Thankfully, everyone had kept their rank which meant that no one had to be demoted.

"Yes sir." Ruhn motioned for us to follow him and after a short walk, we were boarding a shuttle, departing from the Reverence.

"I call driving!" I yelled as soon as I spotted the speeder with the side car, there was no way in hell I was going to ride in that thing.

"Uh, no, I'm driving!" Anakin argued, crossing his arms, "I'm always the driver."

"Exactly!" I countered, "You're always the driver so let me have a go, I don't want to ride in the side cart thingy!"

"I don't either!" Anakin shot back, "There's no way in this entire galaxy that would make me get into that thing, I will never ride-"

"Awww, you look so cute!" Anakin pouted at my words as we departed from the ship a few minutes later. I giggled and at the sound of my laugh, his mood instantly picked up, I could practically feel the shift inside of him.

"As long as you're happy." Anakin sighed, his fingers curling around the guns. I gave him a small smile, speeding through the village. His words hit something inside of me and guilt eats away at me for a few moments before my new best friends kick in. 

I had swiped a bottle of pills from the temple's medical center, and since then, I've been happy, the memories and sadness suppressed thanks to the medication. Now, Anakin can go on believing everything is normal. 

"Uh, does anybody else think it's too quiet?" I questioned, looking around at the abandoned buildings, this could not be good, "I haven't seen any colonists."

"They're probably hiding." Anakin assured, looking around as well.

"Let's hope they stay hidden!" Obi-Wan called from his own speeder. I smirked as I saw Ruhn in the sidecar, "It makes our job easier if we don't have to worry about them in battle."

"I don't like it." Ruhn shook his head, "The clankers have never been shy about using civvies as living shields."

"I'm sure they're here somewhere." Anakin sighed and I pushed the speeder faster until we were away from Obi-Wan and Ruhn, they had to be here. A jolt of emotion washed over me suddenly, this was my first mission back, my first mission without my team. "You ok?" Anakin questioned, I looked over to find him looking at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's good to be back on a mission." I shoved the memories of the Avengers to the back of my mind, I couldn't be thinking about them right now. "Biker droids!" A yelled as separatist droids rounded the corner.