(33) Bound

"Met you at the right time, this is what it feels like."

-Gracie Abrams

The Battle of Christophsis rages around me in a blaze as droids march through the abandoned city. My troops are right next to me and I'm fighting to make them proud, my two sabers glowing as I cut through droid after droid. My body is sweating like there's no tomorrow but I feel alive as I weave through the metal, my lightsabers flashing.

We're currently running out of supplies and ideas. The separatists have taken control of the major hyperspace lanes, meaning we have to find ways to get our troops to the outer rim... where my troops and I are currently stationed.

"They're falling back!" A voice calls from next to me and I briefly turn my head to see my right hand man, Commander Ruhn, who is fighting alongside me. The cannons shoot from behind us, knocking down droid after droid. I let myself smile, a sigh of relief escaping me as the droids begin running away, our troops advancing on them.

We make quick work, disposing of the droids until the city streets are once again clear, free of the sepertist's control.

"Good work men!" I call, signaling for my troopers to gather round, "I want a sweep of the entire city, set up look out posts and transport anyone hurt to the infirmary." The men nod, their once white and light purple striped armor covered in dust. I give them a faint smile before dismissing them, I need to find Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Of course, it doesn't take long, and soon I am approaching the two men who are speaking to someone on a holopad.

"And make sure my request is delivered." Obi-Wan adds to whatever he was saying. The man on the holopad nods and the transition ends as I close the distance between us.

"What was that about?" I ask, nodding to the pad in Obi-Wan's hand. I look up at the sky to see the cruiser leaving the system, I can only hope they took the injured with them.

"We're sending the cruiser back for more supplies." Obi-Wan explains, my eyes flint from his to Anakin's and he gives me a tight smile. I've only seen him once in the past five weeks and it was two days ago at the mission brief. Nodding to him, I turn my attention back to Obi-Wan.

"Do you know if the planet has been won?" I ask, peering behind the master's shoulder to get a good look at the city behind him. The streets are cleared of droids and clones mill about talking to one another. That battle felt way too easy, but then again, I've never been in a real battle before. Unless you count Geonosis.

"We haven't gotten any word from Separatist commanders so until we do, we will have to wait here." An exasperated sigh leaves Obi-Wan as he shakes his head, "My how I hate politics." I snort at his comment, and Anakin sends me a look so I send him one back, "I need to uh... check on Commander Cody." Obi-Wan bows his head to the both of us before hurrying off. Kariff.

"Good job today." I offer as tension descends over the two of us. He nods, his tight smile becoming more of a line across his face. My arms fold over my chest as I rock back on my heels, unsure of what to say. So I don't say anything. Instead, I sit down on a nearby rock. However, as soon as I'm off my feet, exhaustion hits me like a bus. So hard I can barely think about anything as I groan, an aching feeling rising through my limbs. "Leora?" Anakin's worried voice draws me back from my daze and I can barely make out his hazy figure in front of me as a headache pounds through my brain.

"I'm fine." I grit out, even though he didn't ask. The last thing I need is Anakin worrying about me, "I just need to sit for a second." I muttered, closing my eyes and willing the pain away. A breath of relief escapes me as I open my eyes, the pain receding into nothingness. Giving Anakin a tight smile, I walked away. I needed to talk to Ruhn anyway.