(11) Data Breach

Two Years Later.

Leora's body free fell towards the giant ship. The cold rain sent ice daggers through her skin as she raced towards her destination, hands already outstretched. She landed with a soft thud, racing towards a nearby gun for hire. This was going to be fun.

Her body laced around his as she brought him tumbling to the ground, her baton hitting his head with a silent crack. She was up in an instant, running towards her next target and disengaging him.

Tonight's mission was simple: infiltrate the Lumarian Star, save the ship from pirates, capture Georges Batroc, and finish Fury's task. Leora was more than excited to get her hands on Batroc, especially after the bombing of Chelsea.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing on a big nasty ship like this?" A voice taunted as Leora stood, she turned to see a man cracking his knuckles, his head tilting to the side, "Need some help?"

Before he could say or do anything else, Leora launched herself at him, propelling her body onto his shoulders and wrapping her legs around his head before flipping them both to the ground. Leora twisted into a standing position, knocking the pirate out cold.

"I think I'm ok." Leora grinned down at the body, cracking her own knuckles. Her chin length hair plastered to her face thanks to the rain, causing it to surprisingly not be in the way.

Another pirate charged but Leora was ready, even when another joined the fray. She twisted and lunged, evading them as her batons hit them over and over again until they were passed out on the ground, easy work.

Natasha landed besides her, something like pride written across her face as she unclipped her parachute, throwing it to the side. Steve came up next to her, huffing from his own fight.

"What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice." Natasha asked Steve, continuing their conversation from earlier about his weekend plans. Leora laughed to herself as Steve rolled his eyes. The image of her bubbly neighbor flashed through Leora's mind, along with a tiny bit of guilt, she didn't know her name.

"Secure the engine room then find me a date." Steve huffed, humor and a bit of annoyance lacing his tone. Rolling her eyes at him, Leora clipped her batons to her side.

"I'm multitasking!" Nat called, slipping over a railing. Leora watched her go for a moment before turning her up to look up at the skies.

"I've got the upper deck and Batroc, sweep the insides for any stragglers." Steve muttered, turning to Leora as the rest of the S.T.R.I.K.E team landed. Leora's head turned so fast towards the captain, it was almost physically impossible.

"You got Batroc?" She questioned/demanded, a small spark of anger flaring inside of her before she could cool it down. Batroc had been hers, and she knew Steve knew that too. At least, she thought so.

"I did, now come on, we have a mission to complete." Leora closed her eyes for a moment, blocking the anger in her chest out, it would do her no good. What matters is that Steve got Batroc and he couldn't hurt anyone else. The excitement of battle replaced Leora's emotions when she opened her eyes, she was ready.

Leora grinned, flipping herself over the railing and following Nat's path into the ship. Glimpsing behind her, Leora saw the Captain engage another pirate, brutally disarming him. She whistled a bit to herself, she forgot how well Steve fought.

A sterile smell filled Leora's nose as she raced through the damp hallways, looking down at her watch which held her map. Fury had given her and Natasha the same mission, find any data and download it to the shared hard drive. Once Nat finished shutting down the engine, she would meet Leora in the command center.