(3) The Asgardian

"Heart made of glass, my mind of stone."

-Billie Eilish

"Got my sights on the target." Natasha called into her mic, pressing the buttons above her head before pulling the yolk of the plane up. Standing behind Natasha, I looked out onto the crowd below as Steve Rogers stood above them all, facing Loki directly. I had to admit, he was brave, stupid, but brave.

Loki had practically broadcasted his location to the world, he wanted us to know he was here, that was for sure. However, I still wasn't sure why. It seemed the Asgardian was full of mischief after all. I had begged Nick to allow me to come when we had first received word. He had refused at first, but after suggesting I could find answers to my past, he agreed. If I was being honest, I knew coming wouldn't get me my answers, I just had to get out of the Helicarrier, I had to be useful.

Nastasha pressed yet another button, rolling her neck before speaking, "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Her voice echoed across the space for a few moments before a blast of blue shot towards us. I held on for dear life as Natasha jerked the plane to the side, quickly sliding into the copilot seat and strapping myself in. I gasped a bit as multiple versions of Loki appeared, all with the same arrogant features, green eyes, and greasy black hair.

"This guy is all over the place." Natasha muttered, pulling the plane closer to where Loki and the captain were now fighting. I peered out the window, deciding it was now or never.

"Pull in closer so I can-"

My words were suddenly cut off as strange music began playing all throughout the plane and its external speakers. Looking around for the source, I suddenly sensed Natasha's confusion, whatever was going on, couldn't be good.

"Agent Romanoff." A voice greeted from the speakers, causing Natasha's face to drop, "Did you miss me?" The male continued, his tone laced with arrogance and humor. The screens of the plane glitched until the words 'PA SYSTEM OVERRIDE' flashed around the cabin. Natasha's confusion quickly melted into annoyance as she tried to fix the screens to no avail, all while the music continued to blast.

"What does that mean?" I yelled over the music, panic rising inside of me as I unbuckled my harness. My anxiety was starting to spike due to the pure overstimulation.

"Tony Stark has decided to join us." Natasha huffed. Just as the words left her mouth, a red and gold metallic suit flew out from under the jet, nailing Loki right in the chest. I watched in awe as the man floated in the air, blasters protruding from his suit.

"I have to get down there now." I yelled, moving to the back of the jet as fast as I could. When the exit didn't open, I looked back at Natasha who only shook her head.

"There's no need, they already have him." Natasha sighed, pulling the jet to the ground. The man in the metal suit, Tony Stark, was already waiting when the exit ramp lowered, along with the captain and of course, Loki.

A cold sneer graced his face as he looked me up and down. I couldn't help but shiver at the cold feeling that overtook my entire body at his gaze. Stumbling back, I tried to clear my head, something wasn't right with the Asgardian. The cold feeling was everywhere now, consuming everything inside of me.

"Uh, what's up with the kid?" Tony arched a brow at me, moving inside. He grabbed my shoulder, steadying me and moving me over to the chairs, sitting me down, "Hey kid, what's wrong with you?" He asked me directly.

"It's cold." I whispered, almost stupidly, it felt like I wasn't here, "Everything cold." A dead beat of silence followed my words, only to be interrupted by Tony.