(25) Research

"I saw flecks of what could've been lights, but it might just have been you."

-Taylor Swift

When I open my eyes, I am filled with an overwhelming feeling of peace. I guess I can credit that sense of peace to my room. Everything about it is calming. From the beige walls to the simple bed and nightstand, my only decorations. But, I guess they're the only decorations I need since I'm not supposed to have personal items.

Rolling over, my sense of peace is shattered as my eyes lock with those of startling blue. I bolt up, my heart racing as Anakin Skywalker bursts out laughing. Before I can even begin to make sense of the world, I am tumbling off of my bed, landing in a heep of limbs at Anakin's feet, his laughter only growing louder. Kariff this boy can be so annoying.

"Good morning to you too Sunshine." He laughs, offering me a hand. I take it, my face heating up as I stand. It's not every morning Anakin Skywalker wakes me up, but you best believe it's going to be an interesting day when he does. The last time he decided to 'wake me up' we ended up in the under levels of Coruscant fighting for our lives against some very unhappy gamblers.

"Hello Skywalker." I greet, opening my nightstand and pulling my tan robes out, "Any reason in particular you decided to stand by my bed like a creep?" Pulling on my robes, I sent him a pointed look.

Anakin gives me a boyish grin as I comb my hair, "I'm glad you asked my dear Leora because we've been chosen for a mission." My hands still for a moment as I turn to look at him, excitement bubbling through me.

"Really?" Setting my comb down, I begin to braid my hair, "But we're only padawans, what mission have they given us?"

"We're going to be guarding Senator Padme Amidala of Naboo." He hands me a leather tie which had been on my nightstand, accepting it, I loop it through my hair, completing my braid, "Don't worry though, Master Kenobi will be joining us."

"Not Master Windu?" I ask, pulling on my boots. A small bubble of worry forms in my chest, even if I was with Anakin and Master Kenobi, this would be my first mission without Master Windu guiding me. The worry in my chest grows into excitement, what if I was on my way to becoming a Jedi? If everything goes well I could take the trials, earn my rank amongst the people I admired the most.

"According to the council, he has some other business to attend to tomorrow." Anakin snaps his fingers together as if he just remembers something, "They wanted to fill us in on everything so we need to head up there now." I nod, clipping my lightsaber to my belt and following Anakin out the door.

It's still early morning on Coruscant, meaning most of the Jedi and Padawans were still asleep. That left the halls of the Jedi Temple calmly empty as Anakin and I made our way to the Council's Room. The sun was just beginning its climb, casting the halls in a golden glow. I love the temple, everything about it was filled with peace and joy, a calming place to call home.

"So why are we being sent to guard a senator?" I ask as Anakin and I turn down another hallway, "Especially one such as Senator Amidala."

"Originally Obi-Wan was assigned to protect her but after an attempt on her life, the council feels it's best to assign more to the mission." Stopping in front of a lift, Anakin reaches out and presses the button to call it, "They'll fill us in on all the details in a moment."

"How do you know so much already?" I question as we step onto the elevator, shooting up towards the top floor where the Council awaited. I study his features while he looks ahead. I can't help it as my gaze catches on his brown hair, those blue eyes that reminded me of the calm before a storm.