(21) Nothing Personal

They had been too late. Leora assessed the exchange from the rafters, watched as Ulton, in his new body, taunted Tony along with the Maximoff twins.

Wanda and Pietro Maximoff had been test subjects under Baron Strucker. The now dead scientist had gifted the two abilities not of this world. Wanda could influence the mind and things around her. She had already done it to Tony when he had gone to retrieve the staff. Pietro was super fast, faster than light itself it seemed.

Ultron had a new body, that was for certain. The once mangled robot was now at least seven feet tall, towering over everyone as he assessed the room. He and Tony had been going back and forth for a few minutes now, during this time, it had become clear that Ulton didn't hate Tony Stark, no, he despised him.

"Has your pet left you?" Ultron asked, but then he looked up, eyes locking with Leora, "No of course, she's too good a person to leave you all hanging." His machinery clicked, "I can't say the same for the rest of you." Leora bristled, he had called her a pet. Disgust flooded through her, making Leora want to vomit her breakfast up.

After a very long conversation with the team, Leora decided to leave it all in the past. What was done was done, she couldn't change their decision. It still hurt a bit, but she would get over it. What mattered is that they stopped Ultron together.

"What's the vibranium for?" Tony asked, redirecting the attention from Leora, something she was very grateful for, there was something about Ulton that made her sick.

Something in the air shifted as Ulton replied, "I'm glad you asked that because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan." Before Leora could do anything, Tony was being shot back, Ulton already advancing on him.

Leora dropped from the rafters, landing with a thud and joined the battle, her sword in hand. And just like that, they were there, the memories. She could hear voices as she fought, but they weren't clear, it was as if she were hearing them through a wall, or a bubble. And despite the fact that there was fighting and danger all around her, she was terrified of the things inside her body, her mind.

The Iron Legion swarmed around the team as Leora's eyes landed up on Pietro, but then he was gone, knocking her to the ground at the same time. Leora was back on her feet in an instant, watching as Thor did the same. They both nodded to each other, returning to the robots, back to back as they fought. Thor threw his hammer and Leora watched as a streak of white raced towards it, the streak was replaced by Pietro who had tried to grab the hammer and was now flying though the ship. Thor recalled the hammer, disappearing into the fray.

Continuing her fight, Leora looked up to see Wanda and Ulton staring down at them, she watched as he whispered something to her, causing Wanda to slip away.

"Hey guys, I think Wanda's in the playing field now, keep a lookout!" Leora yelled into her comm, slicing through a robot's head.

"She tried to use her mind games on me." Thor replied, "Fortunately, I am-" His voice was cut short and Leora groaned, if her abilities could work on Thor then they were all doomed.

"Cap, Thor is down, what's your status?" When The Captain didn't reply, panic shot through Leora, "Natasha?" No reply, "Clint?"

"Still here, trying to locate them." Relief flooded through Leora at Clint's words, at least she wasn't alone. Turning a corner, Leora came face to face with Wanda. The Sokovian girl's reddish brown hair was pulled into a ponytail and she was wearing a shade of red that matched her glowing eyes.

"Hello there." Leora gave the girl a smile, it was strange to think they were only a few years apart. However, Wanda did not return her smile, instead she advanced towards Leora, a very creepy grin growing on her face, "Now Wanda, we can talk about this, let my friends go and in turn I'll let you-"

Darkness engulfed Leora, filling the world. She was in a void, there was light, yet there wasn't. She had a strange sense of déjà vu to the night she had woken up at the old S.H.I.E.L.D base.

Suddenly, a man in white and mint armor appeared. The same mint that matched Leora's ribbon. He was talking, yet Leora couldn't hear his words, couldn't see beyond his body. He was talking to someone behind Leora, looking down at a pad in his hand before looking back up, concern crossing his face as he looked at whatever was behind Leora. Then he locked eyes with her, a stunned expression materializing. He opened his mouth then closed it, shaking his head at what he was seeing.

And then Leora turned around.

The man was standing there. His eyes on hers, surprise etched onto his face as if he couldn't believe she was here. She knew him, that was for certain. She knew his blue eyes, his brown hair, that scar on his cheek. She knew him and he knew her. She had seen him once before, years ago in a vision much like this one. Her heart stopped beating in her chest and a magnetic pull drew her towards him.

"Leora." He breathed, dropping the piece of metal that had been in his hand, rushing towards her. She could feel his relief, his fear as the distance between them closed. She couldn't see anything besides him, only darkness, but he was light, he was her light as he ran towards her, tears shining in his eyes.

And then he was gone, replaced by Wanda who was looking at her in shock, "Ultron had his theories." She muttered, looking down at her hands before looking back at Leora, "But what are you?" Wanda had seen the vision too, it hadn't just been Leora.

Before Leora could question anything, Pietro was there, sweeping Wanda from her feet and disappearing in a flash of white, leaving a very distressed Leora. The man. Who was that man? She knew him. She knew him. She knew him. But that was all she knew. She didn't know his name, his age, who he was to her, but she knew him.

"Leora, do you copy?" Clint's voice brought her fully back to reality and Leora blinked, shaking away the distress in her body. She couldn't let this affect her, not like it did during the last mission. But that hadn't been a memory.... had it?

"Copy." She replied, "Wanda tried to magic me but it didn't work, have you located the others?" Her voice was shaking, she was shaking, her entire body just wouldn't stop. Longing ached in her chest, she had to see him again.

"I have, the Vibranium is gone though, I can't make contact with Bruce."

"Dank Ferrik!" Leora screamed as the realization hit her, "Wanda is out there if she gets ahold of Bruce's mind-"

A blood curdling roar sounded throughout the earth, making Leora freeze, "Tony." She whispered, not wanting it to be true.

"On it." Was Tony's only reply.