(44) Return of the Lost

"Did you think I had forgotten about you?"

-The 1975

Gasping for air, my eyes opened in a panic, revealing an unknown room, an unknown place. I couldn't think, couldn't do anything but claw at the jagged stones beneath me, trying to gain a grasp on what was going on. Warm blood gushed from the tips of my fingers, staining the ground beneath me as the last bit of red magic disappeared into the air. Looking around frantically, I assessed my surroundings, I was in a cave. Moisture hung thick in the air, causing me to choke a bit and sweat to drip from my brow.

I cried out as pain unlike anything I had ever felt before cleaved through my mind, cutting through me soul deep. Forcing my body up, I staggered towards the mouth of the cave, leaving a bloody trail in my wake. Tripping, I caught myself on a wall, balancing as I tried to peer outwards.

A giant sea stretched as far as the eye could see, calling me to its depths. As soon as my eyes fell upon it, I smiled, a feeling of home washing through me. But, it didn't rest inside of me as it should. Instead, it tugged and pulled my body, as if I were a marionette.

Where was I?

Staggering a bit more forward to get a better view, I screamed as I lost my balance, my body tumbling over the edge and into the ocean.

Flashes of Sokovia raced through my mind as soon as the water engulfed me. Ultron, the church, Wanda, everything rushed back in a blur like no other and I cried out, water rushing in my lungs and causing me to choke.

Panic seized my limbs as my body twisted and turned. I was drowing, fuck I was drowning. But not only physically, mentally.

Steve, Tony, Natasha, faces of my family flashed before me.. along with others. Mace, Ahsoka, Caleb.

Anakin.

Screaming, more water rushing into my body, crushing me from the inside. My eyes burned from the salt, my body burned from the pressure, and my mind burned from the memories that were assaulting me. I couldn't think a single thought, couldn't move my arms, my legs.

Just as my vision dimmed, something clamped around my waist, tugging me upwards. My head broke through the surface and I gasped, sputtering the water from my body. When I finally gained control again, I turned, facing my saviors.

Freezing, my heart stopped completely in my chest as my eyes locked with Count Dooku's, "Finally nice to see you Lady Gallows." A twisted smile graced his face as he waved a hand over my head, causing the world to become nothing.

...

The ground beneath me was cold and hard, causing me to wince the moment I regained consciousness. My head was spinning, my body aching, every single part of me was in pain in one way or another. Rolling myself over, I winced again, forcing my eyes open.

I was in a classic separatist cell, my body sprawled on the ground as if I had been tossed in. Great. Just great.

I groaned as the past three- no, twenty one years of my life flooded through me. I cried out, as everything flashed before me. This could not be my life. Tears began to well in my eyes, I was gone for three years. Three years of my life... gone. Anything could have happened within that time-frame. We could have lost the war, Anakin could be dead. Anakin could be dead. Panic, hot and pure flushed through me, my body breaking out into a sweat, anyone could be dead. Anakin could have moved on, oh God.

Sobs wracked through me, I didn't get to say goodbye. Not to Fury, the team, Steve, Natasha, Tony-

I didn't get to say goodbye.

About You || Anakin Skywalker x OC ||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara