(38) Love and Spiders

"When you know you know."

-Lana Del Rey

"You're doing good, just close your eyes and focus!" Caleb groaned in frustration from where he was currently doing a handstand and using the force. I had set the blast intensity to low and had a training droid fire shots at Caleb every few seconds.

I winced as a bullet hit Caleb, causing him to crumble to the ground. He was up in an instant, scratching his head, "This is impossible, how am I supposed to deflect the bullets and do a handstand?"

"How are you supposed to deflect blasters on a battlefield?" I countered crossing my arms. This kid was sassy and I loved it... just not right now. He needed to focus, I couldn't just drag him onto the battlefield with me all the time, I had to make sure he was prepared. If he died... I don't know what I would do with myself.

"Fair point." Caleb grumbled, resuming his handstand position. I pressed the start button and watched as Caleb deflected the bullets using his mind.

"Perfect!" After a few more minutes, I shut the droid off, allowing Caleb to have a break. He came to my side and I handed him a bar I had stolen from the kitchens, "That was good, you've been improving."

"Thank you master." Caleb chewed on the bar for a moment before continuing, "I was wondering when I would be able to come with you and the 4th on a mission." My heart skipped a beat and guilt seeped through me.

I had done whatever I could these past few weeks to make sure that Caleb was not on any sort of mission with me. The very thought of having him out there was stressful so I had arranged various tasks to help train him and keep him busy.

"Uh-"

"Ahsoka was on a mission her first day and I haven't even left Coruscant!" Caleb finished his bar, "I want to do my part, I want to help fight."

"And you will." I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I just worry about you, if anything were to happen-"

"That's a risk you have to take, Master, please," Caleb was pleading at this point, "let me prove myself."

I sighed in defeat, the kid was right, I couldn't hide him forever, "Fine." I muttered. A smile broke across his face at my words, his eyes lightening, "But you have to do everything I say." Caleb nodded and I stood walking out of the room, him right behind me.

"Master Gallows, Padawan Dume!" My own smile spread across my face as Anakin and Ahsoka rounded the corner. My husband grinned, coming to a stop in front of me, "It seems we've been assigned a mission together."

"Have we?" I asked, an eyebrow raising as I turned to Caleb, "It seems your first mission will be today after all, go alert the 4th." Caleb nodded excitedly, turning around and bounding down the hall. I watched him go, worry and pride filling me.

"Ahsoka, why don't you go with Caleb and get Rex and the boys ready, I need to talk to Master Gallows."

"Of course Master." Ahsoka gave me a nod before heading down the hall. As soon as we were alone, Anakin wrapped his arms around me, steering me into the training room.

"Well hello!" I giggled as my back hit the wall. Anakin braced an arm above me and I felt my cheeks go red as his mouth lowered to mind. The breath was stolen from my lungs and my fingers curled around his robes, drawing him even closer to me. He tasted like desire and passion and when he pulled away, there was a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Hello Lady Skywalker." Anakin brushed loose hair from my face, "How have you been?" My heart seemed to burst into overdrive as my fingers slid up to his shoulders, resting there.