Chapter 18

꧁ Revelation ꧂

In this chapter, Marinette finds herself in the midst of spreading rumors that threaten her reputation. As she confides in her friend Alya, they set a mission to uncover the source of the gossip. The suspicions point towards Nathaniel, who literally knows nothing! But as they investigate, a surprising revelation unfolds.

At the same time, a mysterious billionaire makes his entrance, with connections to powerful figures in the city. While he may appear benevolent, Chat Noir has a gut feeling that something isn't quite right about him. Despite the superhero's reservations, the citizens of Paris sees and considers him as their savior. Is this wealthy newcomer genuinely driven by noble intentions, or is it just Chat Noir's skepticism at play? With the philanthropic image and an unexpected arrival, numerous questions are in the air, waiting to be answered.

Who is this man? Is he a savior or a serpent? But his mysterious smile hints at both kindness and cunning. Could he be a future upcoming male lead, bound by fate, or just one of harbinger of chaos like Shadowmoth...?

-Previously-

Lila kept reading the comments, and she started to feel a bit uneasy and felt something's off.

Her eyes narrowed as she pieced together the details. "Wait a minute," she muttered to herself. "Wasn't Marinette with Chat Noir last night?" The realization hit her like a ton of bricks, and her excitement turned into seething anger, but let out a deep breath.

"Oh, what am I even thinking? That was part of my plan after all."

-Currently-

As a few weeks passed after Marinette and Chat Noir's memorable date, Iris, known as Lila in the past is still in her deceitful nature, continued spreading false rumors, as usual. This time, she targeted Luka to use him as her bait in the hopes that these false stories would reach Chat Noir.

The gossip had spread like wildfire, and the exaggerated details of their supposed steamy night had become the talk of the school. Marinette found herself caught in the web of her own storytelling, juggling the dual identities of an ordinary girl and a superhero. I guess this is what she gets for being a great storyteller...

The classroom echoed with whispers and sidelong glances whenever Marinette entered. Luka, unaware of the rumors circulating around him and Marinette, continued to be his usual calm and collected self. However, Marinette couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt for dragging him into her tangled web of lies. She felt sorry for him, but glad that he was clueless about the rumor.

Marinette was unsure who started the rumor. She considered whether it was Alya, her friend, or if Lila was still playing a role from the shadows.

One day, during lunch at school, Marinette decided to confide in Alya about the situation. As they sat at their usual table in the corner of the cafeteria, Marinette couldn't help but glance around nervously, aware of the curious looks from other students.

"Alya, I need to talk to you about something," Marinette said, her voice hushed.

Alya looked up from her sandwich, concern etched on her face. "What's going on, Marinette? You seem really stressed lately."

Marinette sighed, grappling with how to start the conversation. "It's about these rumors. The ones about me and Luka."

Alya raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, those rumors have been getting wilder every day. What's the deal?"