Chapter 14

꧁ Shattered Hearts ꧂
 Lila vs Chat Noir 

From the previous chapter. Marinette has finally decided that she's ready to let him go... Making it official to end their relationship... Or is it really that official? After the argument, Chat Noir started to realize everything. Marinette was right all about her words. To make it up for her, he's going to end all things between him and Iris. And it's now time to win her trust and love again. Will Chat Noir succeed at winning her back? Or will Marinette choose someone else that is on her mind right now?

-Previously-

"Marinette, please don't do this!" He pleaded, his voice filled with desperation. "I don't want to lose you. You're the most important person in my life." Marinette's eyes filled with tears as she looked at him. "If I'm truly the most important person to you, then you shouldn't hesitate to choose me. Love shouldn't be shared or divided. It should be whole and focused. If you can't give me that, then..."

Chat Noir's eyes widened, and he took a step towards her, reaching her hand and squeezed it tightly. "Then what?! Marinette, what are you talking about?! Stop scaring me!" Marinette snatched her hand away from his hands. She wiped away her tears, trying to compose herself. She knew that her decision might break her heart, but she couldn't continue in a relationship where she felt like she's the second choice.

"I think it's time for us to go separate ways."

-Currently-

"I think it's time for us to go separate ways."

Chat Noir's eye widened, as a single tear slipped from his eye and trickled down his cheek. The weight of Marinette's words crashed down upon him. He could feel a mixture of shock, disbelief, and a deep sense of loss. He never imagined that all because of Iris would lead to all of this. Because of him, he would be facing the possibility of losing the love of his life.

He reached out to her, as his gloved leather hand trembled in fear of losing her. He wanted to pull her into an embrace and beg her to reconsider her decision. But he stopped himself, realizing that his actions had consequences, and Marinette needed space to heal and find her own happiness.

Taking a deep breath, Chat Noir tried to steady his voice, although it came out strained and shaky. But he still continued to talk. "Marinette, please... I don't want to give up on us. I know I've made mistakes, and I haven't always been the partner you deserve. But I love you, with all my heart. I really do, and I'll do whatever it takes to prove it to you."

Marinette looked at Chat Noir, with pain in her eyes. Her heart was torn between the love she still felt for him and the pain he had caused her. His words have touched her, and she could see the sincerity in his eyes, but she knew that trust couldn't be rebuilt in just one night.

"Chat, it's not just about the mistakes you've made." She said softly, trying to keep her emotions to herself. "It's about the way I felt throughout our relationship. I want to be with someone who chooses me without any doubts, who puts me first and doesn't keep secrets from me. I need to know that I am truly loved by actions, not words."

Chat Noir nodded, his shoulders slumping with the weight of his actions. "I understand, Marinette. And I promise you, I will change. I will end things with Iris, and I will be completely devoted to you if you give me another chance."

Marinette took a moment to collect her thoughts, the pain in her heart evident in her eyes. She appreciated Chat Noir's willingness to change, but she knew that rebuilding their relationship would take time and effort from both of them.