Chapter 12

꧁ The Wall Between Us ꧂

After Iris' unexpected incident. Chat Noir, who is worried about Iris' safety, decided to stay by her side. Few days passed by, the two started to create a bond, making them even closer than before. And Chat Noir started to get distance from her girlfriend, and started to hang out with Iris often. And soon, Chat Noir started to treat Iris like how he treats her girlfriend, Marinette. They're now sharing everything together, sometimes he would even share a secret with her that he won't dare to tell to his girlfriend. Will Lila achieve her goals?

-Previously-

"We have to go to the hospital, Chat. We need to make sure Iris is okay and find out what happened to her." Chat Noir nodded in agreement, a mix of determination and worry etched on his face. "You're right, Marinette. Let's go."

Together, Chat Noir and Marinette followed the ambulance to the hospital, their minds filled with questions and a shared sense of responsibility. Little did they know that Lila's unexpected incident would bring them even closer together, as they worked to uncover the truth and support their friend in need.

-Currently-

When the two finally arrived at the hospital. They saw officers investigating Iris' accident. Chat Noir's heart pounded in his chest as he watched the police investigating the scene of Iris' accident. Marinette stood by his side, her hand clasping his hand tightly, offering him silent support. The sight of Iris lying conscious, her body bruised and broken, made him determined to find out what happened and ensure her safety.

Chat Noir approached one of the officers, his voice was filled with concern. "Excuse me, officer. What happened to Iris?" He asked the officer. Iris turned to Chat Noir with fear and tears in her eyes. "Chat Noir, some thieves threatened me to give them all my valuable things. I was so scared that I couldn't move, they thought I was refusing so they beat me up and took my special necklace that my mother gave me for my birthday." She cried out.

Chat Noir clenched his fists, frustration and anger running through his veins. "I'm very sorry Iris that I wasn't there to protect you. But do not worry, I'll be here for you. I'll stay by your side until you can get out of this hospital."

The officer interrupted him, telling him he cannot stay. "I understand your concern for Miss Iris, but only immediate family members are allowed in at the moment." Iris doesn't want this opportunity to get away. This is only her chance to get close with him, so she begged the officer to make him stay.

"I want Chat Noir to stay by my side. My parents can't be here since they're too busy still preparing our things." The officer hesitated for a moment, considering Iris' pleading. Seeing her desperation and the genuine concern in Chat Noir's eyes, the officer couldn't take it anymore and finally relented. "Alright, but only for a limited time. We'll make an exception."

Chat Noir's heart swelled with gratitude as he thanked the officer. He turned to Iris, his gaze filled with reassurance. "I'll stay with you, Iris. You're not alone in this." Marinette stood beside them, silently supporting their decision.

Although, her boyfriend guarding Iris kind of made her jealous. But she's still proud of him for being ready to protect her friend, Iris. But to make his boyfriend even closer to her, Marinette offered to help Iris.

"I'm sorry, Marinette. I think Chat Noir is the only person who can help me. I don't want to stress you out, you're already handling many responsibilities. Remember? I think you have forgotten that you're the class representative, there's too much work! You're busy handling our class, and you're busy planning our next project. I don't want to bother you."