Chapter 9

꧁Caught in the Act of Lie꧂

After, spreading another false rumor. Marinette decided that it's time for her to get exposed before she can ruin her life again. But again, the others weren't still convinced, making Marinette get stuck in a sticky situation. But luckily, her knight in shining armor has arrived, rescuing the damsel in distress. And this time, the truth has finally been revealed. The liar has been finally exposed. She was caught in the act of lying. Lila immediately flew away from the scene and swore that this would be the only beginning of her wrath. Looks like their celebration of their victory won't last long.

-Previously-

"You might have their trust, but soon they will trust me more than you. I will never give up until I expose you and I'll never give up until I have my friends back."

"I see, you're so determined and brave now. And I won't give up till you're completely ruined." Lila threatened Marinette. She later turned around and walked away from the two. But as Lila was walking away, she could feel some chills running down her spine.

She doesn't understand why. This was the first time she felt real fear from what Marinette said. But she decided to ignore it. But little did Lila not know that her web of lies was about to unravel, and her reign of manipulation was coming to an end.

-Currently-

-Few Days Later-

Just another usual day for Lila. Who's always spreading false rumors about Marinette. As Lila was continuing her usual routine of spreading false rumors, Marinette couldn't help but feel a sense of frustration and helplessness. Despite their previous defeat in exposing Lila's lies, it seemed that she always found a way to twist the truth once again, trapping Marinette in another web of deceit. Making her look like a liar again.

But little did Lila know that Marinette had been preparing for this very moment. Determined not to let Lila's lies define her or ruin her life any longer. She decided that enough is enough, the liar needs to get exposed. With full determination, she marched towards Lila who was talking to everyone right now including her old friends.

"Lila. What do you think you're doing again?" Marinette's voice rang out, cutting through the chatter and drawing the attention of the crowd. Lila turned to face Marinette, a smug smile playing on her lips.

"Oh, look who decided to show up. What's the matter, Marinette? Feeling threatened by my popularity?" Lila taunted, her tone dripping with false innocence.

Marinette took a deep breath, refusing to let Lila's words shake her resolve. She knew that confronting Lila in front of everyone was a risky move, but she couldn't let the lies continue any longer.

"I'm not here to compete with you, Lila. I'm here to set the record straight." Marinette declared, her voice unwavering. "You've been spreading lies about me, manipulating everyone around you for your own gain. But I won't let you ruin my life anymore, not even this time."

The crowd grew silent, curiosity and anticipation filling the air. Lila's eyes narrowed, realizing that Marinette wasn't backing down this time. This is it. She's starting to realize that this might be her downfall, the end of her reign. She tried to maintain her composure, putting on a facade of innocence.

"Marinette, dear, whatever are you talking about? I've done nothing but tell the truth," Lila replied, her voice oozing with false sincerity. But inside, she's panicking. Her knees are weakening in fear. She knew she had to be careful now, or else this time everyone would be against her.