chapter 11

When the light illuminated the room wafiyah shrieked on the top of her lungs but soon it died down as someone placed their hand on her mouth "shhh you'll get us in trouble" the person whispers in her ear, it sounded familiar "I'm removing my hand don't scream okay" she nods and when she was released from the person's grip she turned around and clasped her hands over her mouth "Selena you're back" she clasped her in hug as if they meet after a decade "I missed you so much Selena I felt like an orphan again" Selena placed a peck on her head "I missed you more wafu you've no idea" they break the hug wafiyah change out of her Abaya and both settled on her bed she asked about her parents and what she did in China for the whole week and also told Selena about her project and internship "Let's order something ?" Selena says and grab her phone "I just had dinner " She looks at her suspiciously "where, with who?" "With my boss we stopped by a restaurant where I prayed and then we had some food" "oh so you're now having quite fun in my absence hmm" wafiyah slaps her arm "no Dumbo, but alot of things changed in me and the way I used to be, I can't avoid them even if I want to" she stretched her limbs before adding "order something light for me " she changed the topic but Selena knew better, wafiyah must be having some inner battle with her mind and heart. She was a practicing Muslim but coming abroad and living on her own had some consequences and for her interacting with people especially the opposite gender was one of them. It scared her she was never the one to talk unnecessarily with guys now there's mingyu who was very consistent and stubborn and not only that he is also living in some fantasy about her but she doesn't miss any chance to tell him off directly or indirectly. Wafiyah has always took her relationship with her creator seriously and she spends most of her time pondering if her actions cause his displeasure and anger. If once in a blue moon she miss her tahajjud prayer she'd conclude that maybe her actions of that day might have upset Allah and he didn't want to talk or see her and the next day she would be gloomy and dull. Selena knew all of it that's why she couldn't help but feel bad for her, wafiyah didn't deserve to go through any worry because of her conflict between religion and achieving her goals. She doesn't complain because she thinks she deserves everything that happens to her as it was her choice even when her extended family tried to convince her into letting her dream go. Selena watch her as she performs her Isha prayer, spending time in each movement, reading the phrases with focus prostating and glorifying Allah with humility and humbleness. Their order soon arrived Selena went to recieve it and both friend talked over food sharing their experiences laughing without the worry of world and getting to know each other more and more. It was almost mid night when drowsiness clouded over them and gradually they let sleep take over and the only sound left was that of crickets, the cool breeze blew gently through the window making the soft curtains flutter just like jungkook's heart who sat in his balcony looking at moon which reminds him of her bright stary eyes, thinking about every second he spend with her, his heart desire to hold her in his arms but he knows it is impossible and frustrating at same time as he was never a patient person. Without thinking much he dialed phone to Mina who picks up after a few seconds her voice mixed with concerned and grogginess "jungkook are you okay what's wrong?" Her consternation was valid as to why would someone call at 3 in the morning without having an severe plight, he could hear the ruffling maybe she was getting out of room to not disturb her husband's sleep and for a second he felt bad for calling her this late " why are you not answering jungkook?" He clears his throat "why don't you invite wafiyah over to your house this weekend?" He hears a sigh of relief from the other side of phone "jungkook you scared me are you for real " she chuckles. He doesn't say anything and wait for her response " but the family gathering is on next Friday what if she doesn't agree?" "I know screw the gathering call her tomorrow and tell her seung misses her" "or I could say seungie's uncle miss her and weekend seem like forever without seeing her" she teases him " send me her number I'll ask her rest depends on her decision kook, seungie was bugging me from that day onwards to meet her again but I was busy, both of my babies miss their angel " she laughs heartily "thank you Noona" he hangs up, his mouth stretched ear to ear smiling like a teenager in love. He glances for the last time at the moon and then make his way to his room to sleep not forgetting to send Wafiyah's number to Mina, that night he slept with content heart and goofy smile.
Wafiyah and Selena decided to do breakfast in their favorite Cafe which was located near their campus. They took shower and got themselves ready for the day Selena went for denim shorts and loose top and wafiyah wore her beige Abaya.  They went there by walk and within ten minutes they were right outside of the Cafe, the bell jingles as they open the door and waiter greets them who is now an acquaintance and led them to their usual spot "Hello lovely ladies long time no see hmm how's vacation going?" Sofia asks as she sit beside them "the last two weeks were jam packed you know my summer project has commenced and I feel like giving up already" Sofia pats her shoulder emphatically "same mate same" "Selena where have you been?" "I went to China to meet my parents just got back yesterday " "what should I get you guys?" "The usual" Sofia nods and gets up to bring their food. "Selena I want to visit the mosque but there isn't one near here" wafiyah says "there is one I've seen it's pictures" "that's in Itaewon" Selena hums "then let's go to itaewon tomorrow " wafiyah gasps in surprise "really can we?" She asks like a kid being granted his wish "of course what wafu wants wafu gets" she grabs Selena hand and squeeze it to show gratitude and her excitement. "You make me so happy Sela" they laughed at their foolishness and were busy talking when wafiyah phone rang  "who's it" Selena asks annoyed she hated when people would call in their fun time "it's just a number" she shrugs and attend the call, Selena mouthed her to put it on speaker "Hello?" "Oh hello wafiyah this is me Mina" she pauses to recall if she knew her, "I'm jungkook's aunt we met in his office remember?" "Oh yes mam how are you and how's seungie baby" "We both are fine, I didn't disturb you right?" "No you didn't please go ahead" "dear I wanted to call you over to my house as you know seung pesters me to invite you and I also love your company would you please do the honor and come to my place"  she looks at Selena who looked equally baffled "oh uhm actually I might not be available in town tomorrow " she says reluctantly "are you free today?" Her anxiety started creeping, she couldn't find right words and the pressure that Mina was waiting for answer didn't help at all she couldn't think of any excuse at the moment and spurred a "Yes" in hurry then slapped her hand over mouth Selena closed her eyes and formed her lips into thin line. "Oh great seung will be so delighted to hear that, I'll send you the address yeah" "sure mam" they bid goodbyes and hung up. Selena look at her with angry face "what the hell I won't be getting to spend time with you even on weekends now" she felt bad "I couldn't find an excuse" "you could lie" "you know I can't lie, It would be embarrassing if she caught me lying" Selena scowls at her and doesn't respond meanwhile Sofia brings their order and leave it on the table "I'm so sorry Sela please forgive me how about we both go there hm seung is a lovely kid you'll like him" Selena glare at her so she shut up "Selena I'll cry if you keep ignoring me" she warns and cover her face with her hands Selena panicked "yah, look up I'm not upset" she peeks through her fingers "good" and start eating as if nothing happend, she could be really dramatic and knew how to get her way "should I text her and ask if I can bring a friend?" Selena shakes her head No "then what will I do there alone?" "That's for you to think I'm not going I'll meet my friends" wafiyah crosses hand over her chest and lean forward "are you trying to make me jealous by mentioning your friends?" She asks raising her eyebrow. She looked so silly that Selena had to hold her laugh to not offend her "I won't dare" wafiyah smirks under her veil but Selena didn't need to see it because she has known her long enough to decipher her reactions and expressions even with her face covered.
Jungkook was woken up from his beauty sleep by his blazing ring tone, he curses and taps on nightstand until he finds the source of his torture "hello" his morning voice was a piece of art in itself, the grogginess and hoarseness sound like a music to ears and the way he rasps out a simple word can make women weak in their knees "revenge taken, you ruined my sleep for wafiyah now I sabotaged yours for her" hearing her name brought his consciousness back "what about her?" He asks alarmed he might have forgotten the night event "she's coming home i thought I'd let you know" "I'm on my way" he quickly got off the bed and took his suit from closet "calm down lover boy drive carefully " he ignores the word and threw his phone on bed before disappearing into the washroom. He was done in fifteen minutes and came out with towel wrapped around his waist and other around his neck patting his hair dry. He changes into his clothes and leave for Mina's house without doing breakfast. He rings the bell and soon he was welcomed by seung min and Mina, he picks him up and hugs Mina "you're early don't search for her"  " I wasn't " she chortles at that "whatever helps you kookie" he busied himself with seung to avoid looking at door every passing second "at least dress casual so she doesn't doubt you planed this" he thinks for a moment maybe she was right "let me borrow hyung's sweats" and who was Mina to reject those puppy eyes looking explatantly at her, for the world he might be the cold and tough CEO jeon jungkook but for her he was still the little shy doe eyed nephew who spend most of his childhood with her instead of his own mother, so eventually he became more close to her than his mother even entrusted her his secrets that he never told anyone else. She took him to her husband's closet and told him to choose whatever he liked and not think twice or feel reluctant. On the other hand wafiyah bought some chocolates for seung and a scented candle  with help of Selena as a present. She books a cab and pray that everything goes fine and after a good thirty minutes ride she was standing outside a beautiful house, the one she only saw in k-dramas her palms felt clammy she did breathing exercise and after alot of contemplation she rang the bell now there's no going back wafiyah she tells herself and waits for someone to open the door, and as soon the door unlocked seung was already latched to her legs hugging her and yelled "ANGEL" she ruffles his hair before crouching down to engulf him properly "I missed you so much" he says in tiny voice "I missed you too seungie baby and told my friend about you" she kissed his hair then his tiny hands "let the girl in seung min" she greets Mina and extend her hand to give her the present "you didn't have to bring these you came that's more than enough for us" she make her sit in the lounge and seung min booked his place that was Wafiyah's lap for the rest of the time. "Angel" she hums as she fondles with his silky long hair "you won't go right?" She smiles "not yet I'll play with you and we will have fun then rest will be seen later " he nods picking her veil and then hiding under it, this habit was so endearing to her. Mina brings some snacks for her and join them "Do you never take this veil off?" Mina asks, she position seung on her lap as he was moving restlessly trying to play hide and seek with her "I do but when there isn't any men around" she proceeds to tickle seung who bursts into giggles and in return he attacks her with his little soft fingers tickling her under her hijab "no no no seungie not here I'm ticklish there" she says quickly he laughs evilly and was about to do again but then jungkook comes into lounge instinctively wafiyah stands up to greet him how she used to do in office "good afternoon sir" she also had doubt what if he gets mad over her coming to their house or getting too comfortable with his family. She brace herself for getting an earful but that didn't happen "when did you come miss wafiyah?" Mina give him a stern look for acting all cool and oblivious as if it wasn't his own doing "about ten minutes ago sir" he hums and settle himself on couch "why are you standing sit down" seung continued with his wickedness she kept pleading him through eyes to stop she might shriek or worst burst into tears  from too much laughing she could feel jungkook's gaze on them which added more to her discomfort "wafiyah tell me about your family" Mina questions, she gently holds seung hands pecking them before she responds    "actually my parents are deceased I have four siblings 3 brothers and a sister I'm the youngest, they are married except Yusuf who is an year older than me" Mina bites her lower lip maybe she shouldn't have asked "oh I'm so sorry" wafiyah simply shakes her head telling her it's okay "it's fine don't feel bad for asking" Mina smiles and futher asks "who are you closest to among your siblings?" "With my sister nazia, but I can never discriminate or be partial in loving them. they all mean the world to me she's a sister so I can easily open up to her". they listen to her fondly and find her endearing as she talks excitedly about her family. "Pay attention to me angel" seung pouts at being neglected he grabs her face to make her look at him "sorry baby, if someone asks you a question you must answer them, don't let them wait okay and my purpose of coming here is you so don't be sad hmm" he nods like an obedient puppy "I wanna see your face" she looks up at Mina then glanced at jungkook who was already watching them "take it off" he tugs at her veil but she stops him "seung baby I can't right now" she says in a low whisper. He whines and keep pestering her to take her veil off, her heartbeat accelerated thinking of a way to get out of this situation. Mina scolds him causing him to break down into tears "how about you take me to your room I can take my veil off" his teary eyes widening "really" she smiles gently at him "yes". Mina guide her to his room which was decorated with posters of marvel characters and cars and his toys organized in shelf. She takes a deep breath before untying the knot and removing the cloth from her face "woah, you're so pretty angel" he yells making her blush at the compliment "he's right wafiyah, you've got such a delicate features God took his sweet time in making you" she wasn't used to getting compliments making her overwhelmed and shy that she had to cover her face with both of her hands "don't say that" Mina laughs and tell her to feel at home and call her if she needs anything. Seung shows her all of his toys and his favorite things, he make her learn names of his robots and plushies. Seung also told him about the back stories of how he made friends with them. Wafiyah also told him about her favorite childhood toy which was a huge plushie her brother gifted her on her 6th birthday.  She told him that she couldn't sleep without hugging her plushie but one day her cousin accidentally tore it and she had quite trouble sleeping without her plushie but gradually her habit changed like that they told eachother their stories and indulged themselves into their own world. Mina walked back to lounge where Jungkook was restlessly waiting for her, she smirks knowing well what he wants to ask "oh boy" his heart drops getting even more impatient "You've got a good eye, she is indeed a beautiful one" he leans back in the couch his heart beating so fast that he was afraid everyone in the house might hear it.