Chapter 34: Abeonim

With legs and arms spread out on the chair to show off his dominance, Kim Jung-Hwa then stood up lazily to greet Seokjin. He showed his displeased expression to his guest.

"Welcome—-" he paused, "... son-in-law, huh...?" He smirked sarcastically, but Seokjin found it rather funny. So he giggled instead.

"Thank you, Abeonim!" He took the bait well and deliberately called him Abeonim (father-in-law) for real, making Kim Jung-Hwa taken aback. That prick!

The dutiful "son-in-law" bowed ninety degrees to him, then took a seat calmly right before him.

"You're alone?"

"Yes, Sir.

"Where's Taehyung?"

"Ah, he couldn't come. He's currently busy."

Kim Jung-Hwa collected himself and sat. "I see you've moved fast, Doctor!" He commented on Seokjin's move in securing and marrying Taehyung. He then opened his suit button and laid back on his chair.

"I was afraid that you'd be faster, Sir." Seokjin grinned innocently.

Kim Jung-Hwa laughed in annoyance. "Well, I did have some plans—-"

"And I hope you won't carry those out." He cut in with confidence. "I've met all your requirements as a worthy partner for Taehyung, according to your standards. Unless, if you insist on having a woman to fill that seat, then that, I can not be. But beyond that, I'm confident you won't find a better candidate for your son other than me."

"I'm listening." The older man was intrigued. He folded his arms on his chest and menacingly stared at the doctor in front of him. He wanted to hear whatever this smug young man had to say.

"Apart from legalizing our marriage, we went to two other places in Vegas last week, first to a Fertility Clinic, and second to several Gestational Carrier Agencies to search for information and familiarize ourselves with surrogacy procedure and requirements. Under Nevada law, Las Vegas permits gestational surrogacy agreements. And since you've asked for heirs from Taehyung, so we found a way. Although this is not the traditional way, through surrogacy Taehyung can have his own biological children, just as you demanded."

"You've done it?

"No, not yet. Only after we're ready to build a family. That's why we went to the Fertility Clinic as well, where we already froze the sperm and we can store it for years until we're ready to use it anytime we want." Their main priority was Taehyung, because Taehyung was the one who was required to have his own flesh and blood, however it may be.

Kim Jung-Hwa snorted. "Huh..." He exhaled sharply. "People nowadays..."

Seokjin cleared his throat. "In three months' time, my mother will be retiring and I will replace her as The Chairman of our hospital group. If that, in any case, will make you see me worthier of your son, than my current position. ProHealth Medical Hospital owns three hospitals, but I'm sure you already know that, and probably have checked my background thoroughly as well. So yes, I own most of the group's shares and I can financially support Taehyung to live comfortably... even without your money..." He paused, watching a response.

"Though I know... you won't disown your own son just because he married me, right, Abeonim?" That was more of a wish, and Seokjin wasn't actually sure about the answer. Kim Jung-Hwa disowning and cutting off Taehyung as the beneficiary of his inheritance was another possible threat that Seokjin had anticipated as well. With Seokjin's future position as a Chairman, that kind of threat would be futile. Kim Jung-Hwa couldn't threaten Taehyung financially now, because Seokjin could already secure that part as well.