Chapter 33: Yellow Roses

Another Monday finally arrived. Seokjin and Taehyung had returned to Korea, to the hustle and buzzle of the hospital. As usual, Taehyung drove his red sports car with his now-husband, and they would split up at the parking lot and headed to their respective offices in different wings of the hospital. Nothing seemed to have changed there after the two doctors took a week's leave and wedded.

In the early morning hours like now, the hospital came alive with activities. In the Pediatric Department specifically, the early morning marked a shift change for the nursing staff. The night shift nurses shared updates and handed over crucial information about each child's condition, ensuring a seamless transition.

The brisk footsteps echoed through the hallways as pediatricians, residents, and nurses made their morning rounds. They shared insights and made plans for the day ahead. The dedicated medical professionals worked tirelessly to bring comfort to the young patients here.

Seokjin arrived early that day. He headed directly to the nurse station to get reports for his morning round routine.

"Morning, Doc!" The nurses welcomed him. Nurse Ae-Cha handed her boss several clipboards containing patients' data for the day.

"Morning, Ladies!" Seokjin greeted them all back with a bright smile.

"How was your holiday, Doc?" One of them asked.

"Oh, great! Thank you." He was still focused on reading a report about a newly admitted patient. A baby with ventricular septal defect, a congenital heart defect where there was an abnormal hole in the wall that separates the two lower chambers of the heart. Having a week's leave left him with a lot of work to catch up on and a pile of information to read from his replacement doctor who handled his patients during his absence.

"Did you go somewhere nice, Doc?"

"Yeah, I visited my father in the US." Seokjin looked up from the clipboard for a second.

"Oh, good for you!"

"Morning, Doc! Welcome back!" Another pediatrician arrived with several residents.

"Morning! How are you, Guys?" Seokjin greeted them and they cheerfully responded in return. Conversations now blended as they started discussions with the nurses.

"Hey, that's a new wedding ring!" Nurse Ae-Cha suddenly pointed at Seokjin's finger, making several heads turn to see where she pointed.

"Yeah. Nice, hm?" Seokjin lifted his hand and showed off his wedding ring to them. His lips curled up into a smile and his eyes twinkled with glee.

"Let me see!" They all moved to gather closer to check on Seokjin's new ring. They had gotten very used to seeing him wearing a wedding ring over the past few months, so no one raised any further questions about the true nature of this new ring or Seokjin's actual status.

"It looks so much better than the old one." One of them commented.

"More elegant!"

"Yeah, you have a good taste, Doc!"

"Hm, you think so?" He grinned. Yes, his Taehyung had good taste in jewelry. He picked a beautiful ring for Seokjin.

"Yeah!"

"Definitely!"

"The old ring started to fade out and scratchy as well." Nurse Ae-Cha added. "This one suits you best, Doc!"

"Yeah. Looks like a real wedding ring too!" They all nodded and agreed.

"Thanks!" It was not Seokjin's fault if they all thought that this wedding ring was also a fake one like before. As usual, Seokjin won't slightly bother to clarify anything about his personal life. It was his to be kept and enjoyed.