Chapter 21: Their Secret Lives

For Taehyung, "good morning" had quite a literal essence lately. Yes, his mornings were good. Still frantic, but mostly good. With hearty breakfasts, sweet greetings, random conversation in between the meals, and warm kisses he shared with Seokjin. Everything was good. This had been the happiest, calmest, and most content time of his life.

And then, after all those daily domestic things at home, they would drive to work together. All the while, they would continue to talk about their plans for the day, about their patients, the upcoming surgeries, the new menus at the cafeteria, and some other trivial stuff.

They would end their journey to work with another kiss, before saying goodbye at the parking lot and promising to meet at lunch. Everything seemed to go well like every other morning, except...

"Hey! I saw you coming with Jin Hyung?" Jimin ran after him in the hallway to their department and tapped his shoulder.

"Huh?!" Taehyung jolted in surprise. "Ah, yeah... You know... uh, his car got a flat tire, so I picked him up." He shrugged.

"So you're good with him now?"

"Yeah, yeah... of course."

"I don't see him going on blind dates anymore."

"Yeah..."

"So you know... Maybe now you both can... um.. start a new..." Jimin followed Taehyung and got into their empty communal office. "He cares for you deeply, you know that, right?" His words were full of emphasis and hidden meanings.

Taehyung paused at his place and looked Jimin in the eye. He then smiled faintly and mumbled in a very low voice, "I'm trying..."

"You're trying?" Jimin asked what Taehyung meant, just to be sure that they thought of the same thing. He followed Taehyung's movement, from the locker to his desk. By then, the other doctors started to come in one by one.

"Morniiiiing...."

"Morning...."

Taehyung opened his locker, pulled out his white coat, and wore it. "Time to do my round. I'll see you later, Chim!" He waved and walked out to the nurse station and greeted his nurse on duty. He would work with Nurse Sun-Young today, the one who had a sweet nature and patience like an angel, both to the patients and also to Doctor Kim Taehyung.

Nurse Sun-Young had prepared several patients' reports on each clipboard for Doctor Kim to see. All the while, she reviewed each and every key aspect of the respective patient they would check that day. Taehyung listened attentively and read each patient's medical chart and notes.

"The VIP patient first," he said. "She'll be discharged today." Taehyung trotted in a brisk walk through the hallway and Nurse Sun-Young followed not far behind. As he neared the VIP room, he knocked gently, paused for a moment outside the door, and then entered.

Doctor Kim greeted the patient with a warm smile and asked how he was feeling. He checked her vital signs and assessed any changes in her condition. This patient had undergone the breast augmentation mammoplasty procedure... Or... boobs job.

"Everything is good. You can be discharged this morning, Miss Cho."

"Seong-Min!" The patient smiled sweetly. "You can call me Seong-Min, Doctor Kim." From the start, Cho Seong-Min had her eyes set on Doctor Kim. Though a little bit aloof and cold, she found Doctor Kim very attractive and couldn't help but feel drawn to him. And now, since she was going to be discharged, the girl decided to take a chance and try to hit on him.

Taehyung paused, then nodded politely. "I guess that's all. Have a good day!"

"Doctor Kim!" The lady didn't want to see him off just yet.