Level 21

The night went on with MRI, CT, VEP, OCT and many other tests which they couldn't even name. 

Sakthi was less worried he had minimal medical knowledge, while Nithin is a specialist but Arav's condition was different he was silent all the time. 

What if his brother loses his sight? He still will be his brother that's not the problem, but how will his brother feel? Why is he always the suffering one? 

He was worried for his brother, and with his dilemma, he was not efficient in handling all this so Sakthi had to take the responsibility. 

About Arjun, he was clueless. He didn't even know how to feel anymore. 

At last, it was early morning when Nithin and the other two doctors entered Arjun's ward. 

" Nithin, you found it right?" Sakthi asked hopefully. 

" Partially..." 

" What do you mean?"

" Through all these scans, we came to know that there is some obstruction in the optic nerve, when we examined his eyes, we could see some minimal scarring. Considering that he was kidnapped, we suspect that he was injected with something responsible for his blindness. It is not a major obstruction if we start the treatment early he will gain his sight back slowly. We have sent the blood once again to toxicology to look for some specific drug..."  Nithin completed.

" When will you start the treatment? Bhai will gain his sight back right?" Arav asked. 

" To be honest Arav. We are not sure, his eyes seem good but there is a 30% chance he might not get his sight back. But we are already starting some basic treatment but without a toxicology report, we could do only minimal..." Nithin patted his shoulder. 

Sakthi was silent the whole time. 

As the other two doctors dismissed themself from there, Nithin shook Sakthi as she didn't respond to his call. 

" What are you thinking, Sakthi?" 

" Blindness, injection, drug, nerve obstruction..." She mumbled. 

" What do you mean to say?" 

" Nithin, we have collaborative research with DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organisation, India) We have a similar kind of research going on in our lab. Will it help anyway?" She asked confused. 

" Huh? Sure it can help us, people in that field might know more than clinics, Try asking, or if they can list some drug possibilities..."  Nithin replied, Sakthi rushed to call her secretary to contact the research head of the project.

Later, the project head arrived at the hospital, it was early morning 5.

She was a medical researcher, and she was familiar with all the medical things, after reviewing the reports and tests. 

" With these results I suspect Luminozine. It is not on the market, actually, it is a combination drug the pure drug is used for pleasure. But Luminozine is still under development, it can cause localized blockage with high dosages can lead to nerve bursting.

 But nothing to worry about here, looking at the report and the dilation itself I can say it is a mild dose, a fortunate thing about this drug is, that no medication is needed to clear the obstruction. Just prescribe drugs for inflammation and dilation. Luminozine gets cleared by itself in a few hours, it will take a day or two for him to see clear. 

I am saying this based on animal studies, I mean we experimented on mice. There have been no human cases exposed to Luminozine. As of my knowledge, there is no antidote for this, so yeah wait and see. " She said. 

" Thank you so much, doctor. You have been a great help to us..." Nithin and Sakthi thanked her and went to see off her. 

Arav was a little relieved after hearing her. Arjun was sleeping so he was not aware of the happenings. 

At the entrance Sakthi and Nithin met Jeevan who seemed messy. 

" What happened to Arjun? How is he?" Jeevan asked panicked. 

" He is fine now, but why are you late you look like you've been through a storm..." Sakthi asked narrowing her eyes. 

" Ahh! I rushed here after hearing about Arjun. I was in Hyderabad, I went to check on the new labs. There were no direct flights I had to go to Bengaluru and then to here, so I got late" Jeevan explained his reasons. 

" Shit! I am sorry. I didn't know you went there, Arjun once mentioned you guys are best friends that's why I called." She apologized. 

" No, no! Thank god, you called me! Tell me what happened to Arjun?" Jeevan asked as they walked inside. 

Nithin and Sakthi explained to him what happened. 

Entering Arjun's room, they saw Arav sitting near Arjun looking at him. 

" You guys should take him to have something. He looks weak, should have worked the whole day..."  Sakthi asked Jeevan and Nithin to take him to the cafeteria.