Level 11

" Yaazhini..." Someone called her.

Yaazhini froze in her place while Alan scowled standing behind her. 

" Yaazhi, yesterday..." 

" Oh, you are here to give my daily dose of insults? Where are your devotees, didn't they follow you?"  She asked smiling. 

Arjun was taken aback he never would have guessed Yaazhini would talk like this. The only person who was enjoying all this was Alan.

 He was about to say something but Yaazhini interrupted him, 

" Oh, yeah they must be..." This time Alan interrupted her speech. 

" As much as I am enjoying whatever is going on here but remember we were running late?" He asked with an extra smiley face. 

" Oh, shit!" Yaazhini exclaimed looking at her watch.

" Come on, let's leave..." Alan dragged her getting hold of her wrist. 

" Yaazhini..." Arjun yelled, Yaazhini turned and looked into his eyes still being dragged by Alan. 

Soon she disappeared from his sight. 

The day was hectic for them, they didn't speak a word about Arjun. 

" I have to visit my grandma before going to Germany, will you accompany me?" Alan asked as they walked towards their favourite burger spot. 

" When are you planning to visit her?"

"Maybe a week before the date?" He was unsure. 

" There's still a month to go. I want to go there but I really don't know If I will be able to come..." She said while understanding what she was talking about. Just some lab work. 

" Oh, poor guy! Why is he sitting like this?" Two passersby talked about some guy. 

Yaazhini and Alan wondered what they were talking about. 

Alan turned around and frowned seeing what they were speaking about. 

It was Arjun he was shivering there

" Hey, isn't that Arjun?" He asked her still in shock, Yaazhini turned only to get shocked. 

She rushed towards him. 

" Arjun? Arjun?" She tapped his cheeks but there was no response. He was shivering his lips were chapped and were quivering he stared at nowhere. 

Without hesitation, Alan knelt down beside Arjun, his instincts as a doctor kicking in, swiftly assessing his vital signs. Arjun remained unresponsive, staring blankly ahead, his body shivering involuntarily. His complexion was pale, and signs of fatigue were apparent with dark circles under his eyes.

"Arjun? Arjun?" Alan called out softly, trying to elicit a response. But there was no reaction. Arjun seemed lost in a distant world.

Turning to Yaazhini and the others, Alan spoke with a sense of urgency, "He's not responsive. We need to act quickly. I'll call for an ambulance."