Level 12

" What are we, Arjun?" Yaazhini broke the silence.

Arjun stared at her.

" Friends?" She asked and waited for his answer. 

He remained quiet for a long time, and then he spoke.

" I don't know Yaazhini! I know you are more than a friend, I've had friends but never been close to anybody like I was with you. I have never talked so much to a person, and I've never cried to a person after my dad but here you are, you've seen all my vulnerabilities.

 Even with Jeevan, I've been myself but I never spoke anything about my past. Why I don't know why but I love speaking with you, the first time I saw you I felt like you were my friend. But on the Diwali evening, I didn't feel the same, I just wanted to hug you and do nothing. 

I know you will not believe me, but I swear I never wanted to disrespect you or not recognize you as a friend. But at that time I didn't know what to do!" He said with an unrecognizable emotion.

" But you said you don't know me!" Yaazhini complained. 

" I know, I did! And I regret it! I was a fool to say that, it was the first that someone had come and said that they were my friend and I didn't know how to react, whatever it was I shouldn't have let her disrespect you. I am sorry! This will not repeat, I promise!"  He said very emotionally.

She hugged him once again. 

" Even I am sorry, Arjun. Even after knowing you, I shouldn't have pushed you too much that day..."  She too apologized. 

" No, you don't have to because it is a basic thing any friend would expect. Now, I regret treating Jeevan in such a way, he understood even when I didn't say anything. And I am very grateful for him if not for him a precious person like you wouldn't be in my life!"   He said lovingly looking at her. 

" That's too much, you don't even know me properly..." She rolled her eyes even though she felt warm with his words. 

" Nah! I am not exaggerating. I know this happened in a short period but, I have never felt like this with anyone. It's just you and I am ready to go anywhere wherever this takes me..." He said pointing between them. 

" Even I am! Let's give us a fair chance, we know less about each other only with this chatting but it takes too much to build anything so let it take us in a flow..." She said with a nod. 

" Oh, shit! In all this, I forgot to inform Jeevan. He will kill me..."  She mumbled and searched for her phone and realised Alan was also there.
Her phone was with him.

"Who is that?" Arjun frowned.

" That's my best friend!" She smiled and walked towards him.

She sat near the sleeping Alan, he looked so tired even though he was sleeping.

"Alan... Teddy..." She called softly as she combed his hair.

He hummed in his sleep snuggling into her hands.

"Wake up Alan, or you'll be late for your duty," She said trying to wake him up.

It took minutes for him to wake up.

" Good morning..." He said groggily.

"Good morning, it's 8 now, so get ready." She said.

" Aren't you coming?" He asked.

" I am! Go get ready and bring my clothes here. Jeevan's week off is today so bring him here. We'll leave for uni from here. Be quick okay? It's already late..." She said he was still sleepy so he hummed and left from there after washing his face.