6-the drug of despair

Leaves had begun falling from the trees as the rainy season came knocking on the door. Yet the weather wasn't cold enough to be wearing long armed sleeves yet, only damp, making one feel stuffy and sticky.

And today was a day of such as well, Jungkook's body covered in sticky sweat, his mind confused in between being fine or feeling sick. He hated this season the most despite finding the rain pleasant, and just hoped for winter to come sooner than later.

Not wanting to busy his mind to be bothered further on the topic, he quickly exited his car and rushed to a company building nearby. It owned a famous channel on the radio, known for having interviewed big names in the industry. And today, Jimin was also there as a guest, to introduce and talk about his newly released album.

Jungkook was only there to pick him up as usual, as he had done for the past two weeks or so. Wherever he'd go he'd also be there, keeping an eye out for him always and at all times. Jimin had been okay with it at the beginning, but nowadays even Jungkook could see how bothered he was becoming due to having him stick to him around like a dog.

Or so he had told him a couple days back when he had gone to pick him up from a dinner with the CEO.

But he could not help himself from doing else, as he found it to be absolutely hilarious to see his annoyed expression every time he'd come for him. And today was just the same, Jimin's smile falling and instead becoming bitter at the very sight of the latter.

Once the interview was finished with, Jimin left the room in a hurry so Jungkook followed from behind. "Not even looking at my face today? Ouch-"

"You're just enjoying seeing me suffer-"

"I never said that."

Jimin rolled his eyes as he left the corridor without holding the door open for him. "Yet your expression says otherwise." Jungkook chuckled at that before running after him to catch up. "Come on- I take good care of you, don't I? I feed you- let you sleep on my bed- let you use the bathroom-"

"You don't really have a choice in it after having forced me to stay-"

Jungkook pursed his lips in a pout as he paused to stand right before him. His sudden appearance made Jimin stumble on his steps and ended up landing his face right into his chest. "All I'm asking of you is to be nicer. Is it that hard to do?"

Jimin sighed as he pulled his head back up and reached his arm for his head. "Fine- lean down." Jungkook rose his brows curiously as he did as he was told and watched him pat his head. "That's a good boy- aren't you?"

His smile then fell. "Now you're just making fun of me."

Jimin grinned which later turned into a small laughter. "So what? I am a victim of your constant teasing yet can't return the favour back?" Jungkook didn't say anything to that as they continued to leave the building and made their way back to his new car. It was a big jeep he had just recently bought after throwing away his old broken down one. He had already been scared of its engine exploding since using it for the first time after the military. So this was more than convenient as an excuse.

"Did you see the message in the group-chat?" Jungkook took his key out to unlock the doors and hopped onto his seat. "The one from Jin-hyung?"

"Yeah, about the dinner." Jungkook hummed while starting the engine. "I did........"

Jimin rose his brow at him in return. "That sounds like you don't want to go."

"It's been two months since my return. Where was he then- was he waiting for the dragons to heave haste- or for the heavens to open their doors and let the gods judge his decisions-"