3-despite the consequences

It was bright and hot, and the sun peaking from behind the curtains on his eyes wasn't helping the situation get any less suffocating either. So he shifted on the bed he was on and put his head under the cold side of the pillow before continuing to sleep once again. Yet the comfort he had been seeking for was nowhere near him at all, as his mind was continuously swarmed by a muffled sound, echoing from all sides around. 

He could've definitely held back on the alcohol last night to not be so on edge. If one could only ignore the desire to sin, he thought, while his eyes slowly opened to look around. 

The place was unfamiliar to its last bit aside from that ugly oil painting hanging by the television on the wall. He knew where he had seen it and whom it belonged to, and so without another thought, he made his way to find the restroom and took a shower. 

Once he was finished with, he stepped out with a towel wrapped around his waist and began inspecting the place. One hand rested on his hip while the other was cleaning his ear with the Q-tip. And only after entering the kitchen area did he realise that he may have been acting a little shameless, yet not minding it enough to put something on. "Can you put something on?" 

Jungkook squinted his eyes as he took a seat by the counter. "I just went over it in my head and... no. Besides, your underwear won't fit me." 

Jimin, who was behind the sink was now reluctant to look, his hands slightly shivery as he drained the noodles he had been cooking. "You can't know that. They're stretchy... and... well.." Jungkook rose his brows, curious. "...I mean it can't be that.... you know, it should.. fit." 

After a moment of gathering the words in his mind, he let out a slight scoff and answered. "Stop being like that- I'll just not wear any when I go out." Jimin visibly swallowed thanks to his adams's apple being bad at discretion. And as Jungkook saw that, he could not help but be amused. Jimin had always been shy about stuff like that. And it seemed that old habits were hard to change. 

And as much as he wanted to tease him further, he decided to be nice and change the subject instead. He was in his house after all and shamelessness had its drawn line. Even for Jungkook that is. 

"Where are the rest?" Jimin gave him a look as he now put the noodles back in the pot and mixed them with the seasoning. "It's natural you don't remember after drinking like a camel." He then sighed. "Taehyung took his friend back home, and since you were dropped dead I had no choice but to you take you with me as well." Jungkook laughed at that, his arms now leaned on the counter to get in his area of view. "So I'm bothering you. Is that why you can't look me in the eyes?" 

Jimin then fell oddly silent, to which the latter furrowed his brows at. "Seriously... I thought we made up." 

"What we had was hardly a fight- you were just reckless." 

Jungkook scoffed back. "Here you go again, I told you-" 

"Just-- enough. Let's eat." The conversation didn't seem like it was going to go anywhere but repeat itself like it had a couple days back at the police station. So Jungkook did himself a favour and decided to ignore it as well. 

Yet around ten minutes into eating in silence, Jimin's expression had started to bother him anyways, making Jungkook itch for questions and maybe even a slight fight. He just couldn't take it to be ignored like that. "Just tell me if there is something wrong, why do you always manage to take the hard route?" 

Jimin frowned, eyes still on his plate. "I'm not doing anything like that- just eat-" The latter then scoffed, getting other ideas. "So what- is it about the kiss?" And those words were what caused Jimin to suddenly pause. "Ah... it is. Seriously?"