2-no reluctance for the irrational

Summers were long lasting in some parts of the world yet south Korea's climate liked to keep it to a minimum of two months. And the shorter the summers were, the hotter and more unbearable it was for the people that lived there.

Today was one of those hot days as well, the inside of Yoongi's studio feeling stuffy and sticky. Jungkook wasn't so fond of the heat as it reminded him of all the times he'd had to suffer in the midst of summer, either dancing like there was no end as an idol, or doing training under the scorching sun back at the military. None of the memories were good, and especially the past couple of days which he had to live through for the sake of just living.

While deep in thought still, a folder suddenly hit him on the head, causing him to get back to reality in an instant. "I know that we are like family but this is work, and I can't keep accepting your excuses. Be more professional yeah?" Jungkook sighed while rubbing his head to ease the pain. "I am. Just tired.." Yoongi furrowed his brows, looking at the latter unconvinced. "I know you're bothered because the weather is hot and believe me- I'd like it better to stay at home taking an ice bath as well. But this is your first album in your career. So do yourself a favour and pay attention."

Jungkook let his shoulders fall with an averted gaze and got back to work. But his mind was soon occupied by something else anyways, his efforts in vain as he got lost in thoughts once again.

The image of Jimin being kissed from that night was as clear as day, making him unable to forget about it. The fact that he kept remembering the image was solely the fault of his shock, not having recovered from it completely still. He would've never guessed that his hyung had been into that. Or maybe he was just experimenting with men for all he knew. But it still didn't explain why he would be out at a bar in the middle of his busy schedule, acting as careless as to make out with some guy at a public restroom. Jimin was much more careful than that. He had always known him to be so. But that night said otherwise in the end.

Just then, he earned yet another smack on the head, but did not act as surprised as he had been before. "Seriously? Listen-"

"Hey what would you do if I liked men?" Yoongi paused at that, his expression unreadable. "Why- are you-"

"N-no... I mean.. well, you never know how a person will turn out right?"

Yoongi sighed, now pushing his hair back in thought. "Well... I don't think that it really matters as long as you like that person. Since well... whatever. Now get back to work." Jungkook's eyes slowly fell on the computer screen before them, his hand not so comfortable holding a pen. Writing songs seemed odd after having been apart from the world for so long, only to come back so he could face a huge shock. It was an intense feeling that he could not control, feeling it drop out of his grasp like petals falling from the centre of his palm.

But he knew it didn't matter who liked who. What he was troubled about was seeing Jimin make that face right before his eyes. The reminder of that was hitting his mind like the plague, consuming him from head down to the feet. That was the answer he had been sercahing for, wondering how to cope with it so it may leave his memories for once and for all. It felt sinful to know, his body feeling somehow dirty and unkempt. Or it might have just been the suffocating air of summer. He didn't know or want to at all.

But he knew he had to try and forget.

Heaving out a breath, he threw his shirt off and leaned back. "I really.... really hate summer." Yoongi sighed whilst shaking his head. "You're unbelievably high maintenance. Fine, just leave. We can continue work at the scheduled time later. So try and come up with some lyrics will you?" Jungkook left the office with a smirk that afternoon, but trouble did not seem to leave his side just yet.