5-guilt and regrets

The sound of rain and its smell. There was something familiarly pleasant about it. And he could hear it now although not well, and also feel its fragrance seeping deep into his lungs with each and every breath.

Soon enough, that was enough to wake him up also. Yet as his mind came back to reality and his consciousness returned, so did the memories. And their return caused him to jerk his body up in shock, only to yell out in pain from doing so. "Lay back down- you're bleeding again!"

A hand then grabbed him by his head before pinning him down on a soft surface.

As Jungkook came to it, he looked around the place and saw that it was his own apartment. Had he driven here? No- he remembered closing his eyes before that. Becoming unable to figure more things out due to pain, he squeezed his eyes shut and held his head back from the pressure. "Why are you so aggressive... ugh.."

"S-sorry... I just... it took me a long time to stop the bleeding." Jungkook sighed as his lids opened once more and then turned his head to look. "...you.."

He then paused, his eyes now gazing up at the latter as though in a trance, not wanting to look away.

His tears seemed golden from where he was sitting, wondering if it was the reflection of the light mixed with the rain outside his windows. His eyes were swollen while lips pink and cheeks red, making him feel his chest squeezing at the sight. He thought that he didn't want to see him cry.

"I don't know how it turned out like this- I'm so sorry- I'm really just- uh..." Jimin then closed his eyes shut and placed his face inside his palms, sobbing silently as though he did not want to be heard. Jungkook had never seen him cry like this, now feeling reluctant to approach him out of fear of doing something he might hate. His thoughts had become sinful for him after all, not seeing him in that same light anymore as he'd used to.

What would his hyung whom had been like a family to him think, if he placed his hand over his cheek to soothe his pain? How would he react if his younger brother like friend were to hug him tightly and let his head rest over his shoulder? Would that be bad? Would he hate it?

Would that mean crossing the line, the boundaries they once had built between them as family?

He sighed at the thoughts as that was all he could do. He did not want to test them out as he did not know what he was feeling inside him either. It was probably the after effects of having seen him in that defiled state. Children would have nightmares after seeing their parents do it after all. And this was probably the same although a different version.

"It's fine. So stop crying.... it's not your fault." Yet Jimin shook his head, so Jungkook grabbed him by his wrist to nudge his hand down and then smiled to assure him that everything was okay. "It's really okay. You were the one who had told me not to meddle remember? But I had to go ahead and put my nose in it anyways. So it's sort of my own fault."

Jimin wiped his tears, eyes now pointed down. "Still... you came to help me." Jungkook playfully pursed his lips and looked elsewhere. "Really? I could swear that I just went to beat that asshole up." The latter then frowned before slapping him on his bare stomach. "Stop joking- this isn't funny!"

"Oof! Fine, fine- sorry---" Jungkook then watched as his frown fell, yet eyes still glossy. "Does it hurt anywhere for you?" Jimin shook his head and then sat down on the floor before him, his back turned and leaning on the couch Jungkook was laying on. "Just my wrists. They are chafed from the rope- but not like it's important."