Chapter59: Lovers

"You say you know Tama-san personally?", Izumo asked as he led a blonde, purple eyed male through the Hokage tower. The ridiculously handsome man nodded seriously. Izumo found himself dumbfounded. Given the way he referred to the captain, they were rather close. Tama didn't even have friends in the village, yet she had one outside?

They reached the door to the Hokage's office in a short while, where Izumo nodded to him curtly.

"You're most likely to find her through the Hokage. She's in here.", he said before turning and leaving. The man looked around curiously before knocking. There was an immediate answer, bidding him to enter. He did so and was met with the sight of a tired blonde woman. She looked like she hadn't seen sleep in a month or so and was about to keel over, but she kept her composure quite well as she studied him. Next to her, a tall, black haired woman organised the documents on the table.

"Hokage-sama, excuse the intrusion. My name is Tamaki, I heard that you would know where I can find Uchiha Tamakiku.", the man said. Tsunade pursed her lips. The tall woman paused.

"What business do you have with her?", the Hokage asked. Tamaki smiled softly a light blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"I'm only here to visit an old friend.", he said fondly. At this, the two women hesitated. What was that? Did this man like Tama? They shared a look before the Hokage looked back at him.

"Your friend escaped from hospital and refuses to go back. If I take you to her, then you'll have to persuade her to return.", Tsunade said decisively. Tamaki nodded readily, and Tsunade looked at the tall woman, and she nodded.

"Please follow me.", she said, before leading him out. It didn't take long to find her. She was at the Naka river, where she and a silver haired male conversed quietly.

"Tama-san, you have a visitor, a male named Tamaki is here to see you!", the woman said, not shouting or calling out. They were a distance away, but both Tama and Kakashi heard her and looked over at them. Tama's gaze landed on Tamaki, and she smiled as if to hold back a laugh.

"Tama-san is ill, so she isn't allowed to be without a guard. Please don't mind Kakashi-san.", the woman said. Tamaki nodded and watched as she left. He turned around to see Tama still looking at his, this time curious, and she gestured for him to come down to where she and Kakashi stood.

When he got there, Kakashi went to sit down under a tree a distance from them. Tama smiled at him knowingly and surveyed him with keen interest.

"Hello.", she said softly, and he found he was lost in her childlike, curious gaze.

"You don't seem surprised that I'm here.", Tamaki said. Tama shook her head.

"Amaya came to greet me this morning.", she replied. The man hummed in realisation. He had forgotten all about the bird.

"Are you alright? I'm worried about you.", Tamaki said. Tama smiled and shook her head.

"Is that why you're here? Where are the girls?", she asked worriedly.

"Akira-chan and Karin-chan are safe, I promise. Just tell me why you're being watched by a Totsubeku Jōnin.", he said, taking a step closer so as to carefully survey her features. She looked fine. What was the illness that she allegedly had? Was it chakra related like Itachi's? Tama simply smiled and crouched down to play with the grass. Tamaki watched curious, as he sat down not too close.

He cast Kakashi a glance, he didn't seem to be listening or paying attention, but he knew better than to believe that. He had to play it safe.

"I'm told that you refuse to be treated. Are you sick?", he asked. Tama cast him the most poisonous sidelong glance, a twig breaking in her hand. She looked away immediately.