Chapter47: Mika's Seal

Tsunade felt like vomiting at the sight before her. Behind her, Shizune rubbed her back soothingly. What would she make of this? Was it not just three days ago that she found out that there was probably a bigger secret behind Tama's birth than Jiraiya was letting on?

"Are you okay?", Hikari... Tama asked. She shook her head. That seal... Wasn't only a chakra seal after all.

Couldn't they at least have told someone? Why were they so secretive? Did Hono even know what it was?

"I noticed that Tama-san does have the typical chakra signature of a Jinchūriki, about as big a Naruto's. While most people would set it aside as you being the daughter of a clan head and a Totsubeku Jōnin, as a chakra orientated medic, I would beg to differ. It was rather obvious that you weren't normal.", Shizune said. Tsunade lifted her gaze to look at her. Didn't she understand the gravity of what was going on?

"Before you die from palpitations, allow me to explain. My father did this so that I could live, I promise you that there's nothing dangerous inside me."

Nothing that I can't control.

Tsunade hummed, slightly queasy.

"I wouldn't have expected you to take this so lightly, Tama-chan. This is a big issue. If this is true then that means you might be a child of profecy.", she said. Tama pursed her lips.

"I know that, oba-san, but I highly doubt it. In fact I might end up being a chosen sacrifice instead.", Tama said. Tsunade sighed. Shizune perked up behind her.

"I hear you're especially fond of Nidaime-sama?", she asked. Tama smile and cast her a brief glance.

"He was an awesome leader, I aspire to reach his level of wisdom and courage.", she said. Tsunade chuckled and stood up, before walking up to her, cutting off Shizen's topic. The young lady was too ambitious for her own good. To entertain Tama would be to dig herself a grave.

"What kind of seal is this anyway? It reminds me the eight pronged seal that Naruto-kun has, but it's... Different.", she said. Tama smiled a sly smile and shook her head. Tsunade chuckled.

"It's an eight trigam soul binding seal.", Tama said as she lowered her shirt. Tsunade laughed lightly.

"I see, a similarly complex formation to Naruto's then?", she asked. Tama nodded, a small smile pulling at her placid expression.

"I'm shocked that Mika obaa-san pulled such a feat with how this seal has never once broken, she's the one who created it. It says a lot about her prowess to me.", Tama said, causing Tsunade to beam.

"Oh you have no idea. During her training, obaa-san was always in for a surprise with the kind of things she could pull off. Her Fuuinjutsu was a force to be reckoned with. It's a shame that Ojii-chan was long gone by then. He didn't get to see her greatness."

Tama pursed her lips. If that was the case then she may as well have been Mika's reincarnation.

"I've never enjoyed the thought of having to share my body with anyone,you know. Kushina oba-chan was especially adamant that I train with her in Kyuubi mode so that I could take over one day in case her child's reserves wouldn't be large enough. I saw how, oftentimes, it was more the Kyuubi than her that I was facing. It was uncomfortable.", Tama said softly, as she brought her shirt down. That Mika was rather powerful, now that she head what Tsunade had to say about her. She aspired to be just like her. As for Naruto, seeing as the boy's chakra wasn't enough to completely suppress the Kyuubi, she wondered what he went through with it.

"You've trained with the kyuubi?", Tsunade asked, caught off guard. Tama nodded.

Yes, and she had a bigger secret around that as well.