Chapter50: Mizubana

The Akatsuki were clearly about to make a move, and seeing as they were targeting Naruto, other Jinchūriki were bound to be in danger.

They arrived in Uzushiogakure undisturbed, but for some reason, Tama was suddenly feeling sick. This never used to happen when she came every year for her ritual visist to the shrine, so she was rather concerned considering the fact that she had two children with her. Shisui was strong and able, so surely he would hold his own quite well. Suddenly, her chakra

"Shisui-san, take the girls and stand back!", she called urgently, quickly stripping off layer after layer of her kimono. Shisui immediately took the girls and transported them somewhere far, leaving them with their belogings before ruturning to Tama's side.

When he returned, Tama was on her knees with a hand on her stomach.

"I didn't expect you to do this so soon.", she said softly, as if talking to a vulnerable child. Shisui waited a safe distance away, not quite sure what was going on.

"Why won't you talk to me? Are you angry at me?", she asked. Shisui knelt down and listened, waiting for anything to happen. The girl began to struggle for breath as she hastily sat down with her legs crossed. She brought her hands together as if in prayer and fell silent from there. Shisui was immediately on high alert.

"You're no different from your predecessors, Uchiha Tamakiku."

She opened her eyes, and was met with a familiar, angry gaze. She smiled, causing the woman to snarl at her. She was clearly wary of her, and she couldn't blame her. She was an Uchiha after all.

"After all our years together, you refuse me the honour of knowing your name?", she asked, still struggling to keep awake, this person's chakra was overwhelming. The woman frowned deeply and lowered her head in spite of the chains that bound her.

"You should know by now that I don't think you belong to me. You must feel especially disappointed that you had to be stuck with an Uchiha. I understand, but please just give me a chance to prove myself to you.", she said. The woman seemed to frown even more deeply as she studied her intently. This child was something else.

"What do you have to prove to me? You Uchihas only ever say the same thing and seek to supress the rest of us for your own gain. Why should I trust you, the descendant of the same person who was willing to help hold me down when all I wanted was my freedom?"

"I'm sorry that it had to be this way, I really am. You must've had enough by, being bound to one person after another. Let me be your voice, let me fight for you. Help me to avail to you your freedom."

"You think you could use your words to soften me up-"

"I don't believe in flattery using words, ancestor of mine! You, of all people, should know that! We share the same blod, after all"

"Don't call me ancestor, brat! I'm not yours to brand!", the woman roared. Tama frowned, taking in several calming breaths.

"Then tell me your name. Tell me who you are. Show me that you're not the asset that they say you are.", she said, voice suddenly soft. The woman fell silent as the darkness around them began to brighten. Suddenly, Tama was in front of her, gazing intently into her eyes.

"I promise that no one will use you ever again.", she said. The woman snarled, still not willing to trust the girl. She would have to prove herself first before he did anything.

Suddenly, all around them, a soft, white light shone. The place changed from a dark chamber into a more pleasant sight. Mountain ranges formed, spanning far and wide beyond where the eye could see. The chains became loose around the woman, and suddenly she could move freely.