Chapter35: Priorities

Out of the many lies that Tama had told the third Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen, the most notable one was of her knowledge about her parents. Their's was a brief interaction on that fateful night, in which she made absolutely sure not to let anything slip.

Tama wasn't Fugaku and Mikoto's biological daughter, she was Fugaku's neice. Of course, she wouldn't let anyone in on such sensitive information.

Uchiha Tomoe was the younger sister to Fugaku, who married the controversial Uchiha Hono.

Hono was only Half Uchiha, so he was considered something of an oddity when looking other members of the clan, but he wasn't the only one. He was born with red streaks in his raven black hair, and had a Sharingan that was too odd to be categorised as such. It was no secret that the Uchiha main family were a powerful lot, they were almost overpowered. Much like their Hyuuga and Senju counterparts.

However, secretive as these clans tended to be, it was unsettling that this man's mother wasn't known to the public.

Even then, Tama knew exactly who she was. In fact, it was one of the many reasons why she was chakra powerhouse. It was also why she stuck to Kushina's side so much.

Uzumaki Mika was brought to Konoha to become the next nine tails' Jinchūriki after Uzumaki Mito. However, before that purpose could be fulfilled, the woman died in battle, leaving Hono with his father, Kazui, at the age of thirteen.

At first, it was an issue that Mika had married into the Uchiha clan, because of the strenuous relationship between them and the Senju clan. The Senju clan was headed by Senju Hakura at the time, father of a young Senju Tsunade and an even younger Nawaki. As a result, even with Mito's advocacy, Mika's being a Jinchūriki was regrettably delayed up until his last days, because the Uchiha clan was stirring a bit of trouble then. The second Hokage was no fan of the Uchiha clan either, and had advised his nephews to be wary of them after their father's death, even when living alongside them. Rightly so, because the marriage would become part of a ploy by Uchiha Hozen, grandfather to Hono. However, after Hakura's death, Mito secretly planned to seal one half of the Kyuubi in Kushina, and the other in Mika, so as to lessen the load on the young girl.

The previous Uchiha clan leader, Tama's maternal grandfather, was not one to discriminate against his people. He loved his clan, and he cherished their memory. At the point of Mika's death, Hono was allowed to have familiarised himself with the woman's chakra affinities and her jutsu. He was able to use Fuuin jutsu rather formidably, but not like a master. Water and wind release were his strong suits, mainly because he got enough training in those categories.

Tama realised the truth of her parentage when she was three years old. One cold winter night, she suddenly fell terribly ill, such that Mikoto though she would die before they could get to the hospital. As they were preparing to leave, one clan elder arrived, looking petrified and particularly disturbed.

"I dreamt of two women. I didn't recognise the first one, she was white haired and terribly old. The second looked like she was Uzumaki, with long red hair and beautiful eyes. They spoke of the coming of a successor of... I don't remember what. I saw ojōsma holding light in her hands. Someone was behind her, a woman, but I couldn't see her face clearly...", the old man said frantically. Mikoto gasped, shocked, and cast Fugaku a worried glance. Fugaku kept calm, surely this was a prophecy, or something along the likes. He placed a calming hand on his wife's shoulder...

"I know just what to do.", he said, taking little Tama in his arms. She whimpered, tears spilling freely from her eyes. She looked up at her father, clinging to him. She was hot, it must've been a fever, but he didn't count on it. She woke up in the dead of night screaming like someone was beating her up. She was shout, calling names and fighting. Of course, Itachi was quick to respond, they found the child holding her down and sparying her with cold water when they got to her room.