Chapter46: Enter Suitatsumi!

Tsunade drank the last bit of her nihonshu as she and Shizune looked on, in awe, as Tama expertly went through the documents on the desk. She had come to tell the woman that she would be going on a trio soon with Akira and Karin, when she found the two of them in a frenzy. It was a sorry sight realy, so she helped out as she explained her purpose.

"You did all that in a matter of minutes. How?", Tsunade asked. Tama simply smiled a small smile.

"The thing is, I was trained in the civil arts from a young age, I guess it became a part of my skill set. I honed the ability at Morino-san's whenever I had the time.", she explained, carefree. Tsunade studied her intently.

"So this is why everyone around here calls you Godaime Hokage, you made everything easier for them with your methods. I'm impressed. Plus, your mission reports are all so insane.", she mused, her beautiful amber gaze glinting with wonder and a fiery passion. "I'll have a Haori made for you, as a member of the council!"

Tama paused, looking up at the woman. Sure enough, it was the nihonshu talking and not her. It couldn't be her. There was no way she would be named a member of the supreme council after serving little over two months in office as a filling party. Genma had completed more missions than her, honestly, and he was a Totsubeku Jōnin. Surely, he was better qualified. The council would definitely talk her out of whatever this was.

"You look like a traditional kind of person, I know exactly what kind of Haori to make for you. Pass by here before you leave for your trip, it should be ready by then.", Tsunade continued passionately. Shizune laughed softly at her side, her gaze locked onto Tama as she stared, flustered.

"Is she serious?", Tama asked, at a loss. Shizune nodded rather seriously, and Tama might have left the room immediately if not for Tsunade having been the person before her. What a spectacle.

"I'll make it one of a kind! I'll make you my personal Anbu Battalion adviser, because your proposal for a new village protection method is spectacular. You're one of the best, aren't you?", Tsunade said. Tama pursed her lips. Oh what was it to break free from shackles only to fall into a tiger's jaws...

"I learned from only the best.", she breathed. Tsunade smiled, turning her gaze to Shizune and asking for more sake.

Tama made a decision in that moment. She would leave several chakra clones for Tsunade while she was gone, she had far too much to do with too little time. She remained silent as she picked up a stack of paper, the one she had come with for Tsunade to look through, and placed it before the woman.

"These are some of my findings about the council. I currently have a few clones surveying Orochimaru's territories as well. There's stolen information from the Akatsuki base that need some looking at. Sunagakure will be bringing either a missive or their Jinchūriki soon, as part of the treaty I drafted for the alliance that they want with us.", she said. Tsunade looked up at her and took the papers. This girl was no walk over.

"Wasn't Suna the village that helped with the attack on Konoha?", she asked, skeptic. Tama nodded, not minding her scrutinising gaze.

"It was, but they were decieved into doing so by Orochimaru. As per the treaty, once the alliance is formed, we'll have our best T&I operatives on the case to identify spies in Suna. The Black Ops are on standby for any action, just in case. So far, the Tracking and Retrieval faction have recovered fifteen orphans from the Snake sage's accomplice and we're planning out his arrest.", she said in response. Tsunade nodded in understanding. Her gaze turned contemplative as she pondered over everything Tama had revealed.

"Impressive. Listen, I'd like to take a bit of time to re-familirise myself with everything so I'm ready by the time I'm Hokage. You might have to continue this job for a while as I ease myself into the position. Until I'm ready.", she finally said, causing all the air to leave Tama's lungs as she sighed in exasperation. She pick up her mask from the table and put it back on.