Chapter48: The Trip

It was a early morning in Konoha, just as the sun began to rise over the east horizon. Much unlike the other mornings, this one was  terribly loud. Shinobi and civilian alike gathered at one of the biggest training grounds as several people sparred at the centre.

Fire danced, tall and proud, casting brilliant red, orange, blue and purple hues. Water rose into the air from nothing, like a mighty beast as is dances like a spirit. Earth rose like castles, and at some point there was a lake in the ground. The genin retreated as the lake turned into lava, and no one dared to go back into the match.

Tama stood in the centre, knee deep in the lava as surveyed the genins' swift retreat.

"Use your chakra to avoid getting hurt! I'm about to send a devastating jutsu your way!", she called.

"No way! You're trying to kill us!", Naruto cried. Sakura stealed her heart and performed a series of hand signs. Warm, thick liquid earth filled her throat and mouth. She opened her lips slightly, allowing it to pour onto her feet.

"Earth style: mud armour jutsu!", she called. The mud immediately rose up her body and encased her. It hardened and she immediately put one foot on the lava. Taking in a deep breath, she directed her chakra to her feet and ran at Tama. Naruto wasn't up for it. Instead, he used a water jutsu to create a path for himself.

"I thought you said Naruto was an idiot.", Tsunade said.

"He is.", Kakashi replied. The boy was indeed an idiot, but where Tama was concerned, he couldn't afford to slack off. Tama wasn't afraid to break bones.

"Tama-chan is a merciless teacher. His mind seems to work better when training with her.", he said. Jiraiya chuckled.

Akira took in a deep breath and blew out a jet stream aimed a Tama, landing it perfectly.

"They all can use large scale water jutsu without water nearby to act as a source?", Tsunade asked incredulously. Those were Jōnin level children, at best. The last person who could do such was her grandfather's brother, the second Hogake.

"Senpuu no jutsu!", Karin called, and a ridiculously large whirlwind appeared before where she stood, right where Tama was. She went through a set of hand signs.

"Wind style: Crossing gale jutsu!", she called as she brought her arms to cross before her.

The jutsu should have killed Tama, but when everything died down, she was already collecting the genin, one by one. Sasuke was already down, and so was Naruto.

An armoured Sakura met her halfway and sent out a kick. Tama easily evaded, and Sakura braced herself for impact. Tama didn't disappoint. With a screeching Naruto secured in one arm, she leapt into the air and landed on the girl's head. Sakura did everything in her power to not immediately fall in a sorry pile.

"Hold. Circulate. Don't lose that connection!", Tama instructed. Sakura grunted as her chakra wavered. Using it to sustain the armour jutsu and her strength was overwhelming.

"Hold! Keep steady! Throw me!", Tama said again, this time, she jumped up and down on the girl's head. Sakura did as she was told, stepping aside and making to catch Tama's foot as she began to fall. She was too slow, Tama kicked her right in the face before she could, and she was sent flying and hit a tree.

"Oh my goodness!", on blue eyed, blond haired woman said from not far away. Tsunade looked at her curiously, and realised she bore a striking resemblance to the girl.

"That's Haruno Mebuki, Sakura-chan's mother. They're not shinobi, so this is actually not something she's used to.", Kakashi explained. Tsunade pursed her lips.