Chapter41: Hikari And Tamakiku

It was a painful day to be working on something so dangerous. When Mikoto first approached him, Jiraiya thought that it couldn't be a big issue. However, when he heard about there being a descendant of Mika's, he knew that it was a serious situation.

It was three weeks ago that Hono died mysteriously, just like his mother, and his pregnant wife suddenly fell ill for death.

What Mikoto wanted from Jiraiya and Kushina was for them to save the baby by using a seal to keep her soul from escaping.

Now that the day had come, he finally understood why this had been so important. Tomoe had an Eight Trigram Chakra seal on her stomach that sealed something big inside of her. He wasn't surprised, Hono was a sealing master, but what were they hiding? He couldn't ask Mikoto, the person who entrusted him with this task, because she was also giving birth at that exact moment.

The baby was born right in front of his eyes, as he watched for a slip in the seal's formation. It didn't break the whole time, until the baby was lifted by a nervous Jōnin medic. Tomoe cast Kushina a weak glance, calling her to come to her side.

"On the records... I wrote that her name is... Hikari...", she began weakly. She said something else, but Jiraiya heard absolutely nothing over the baby's wailing. The light faded from Tomoe's eyes, and with one final breath, she was gone. It was then that her seal completely broke, and the woman's chakra levels suddenly dropped to nothing. Suddenly, the baby started screaming, as a seal formed itself on her tummy, much to both Jiraiya and Kushina's shock. Her bright red hair immediately turned pitch black, and her beautiful bright purple eyes turned an ice-like onyx. At this, the room fell absolutely silent, and the baby fell asleep. Kushina looked at Jiraiya, taers spilling freely from her eyes. He couldn't begin to form words.

"I'll prepare Mikoto-sama for the baby, she should have given birth by now.", the Uchiha Jōnin medic said shakily, before immediately setting out. She came back less than a minute later, and led them to Mikoto's cubicle.

 She came back less than a minute later, and led them to Mikoto's cubicle

[Tama at birth]

...

Jiraiya watched as Tama cradled an unconscious Sasuke in her arms, looking terribly shaken, hateful and disappointed.

She reached into one of her holsters and took out a blood replenishing pill, and then forced it into the boy's mouth. Again, she brought out what looked like a strong pain killer, and forced in his mouth once again.

"Jiraiya-roshi, I'd like to borrow your room for a minute.", she then said. He nodded.

Inside the bedroom, she set the boy on the bed. One of her girls attended to Naruto.

If Hono and Tomoe hadn't been in such a rush, then they would've planned things out properly. They had been too young to have a child, and ultimately, they weren't able to work around the dangeres that faced them during that time.