Chapter10: Tangible Thoughts

[Uchiha Tamakiku with the three tomoe sharingan]

Everyday for a long two weeks, Kakashi had been making her do low intensity exercises. They helped speed up her recovery and restore her bodily strength. So far, she could run again. She was pretty fast, but she wasn't satisfied.

Her knee was a bit swollen after having kicked fought those boys so carelessly. So even though they said she was fast, she felt she was far too slow for her liking.

Ibiki, Anko, and Gemna watched from the sidelines one day as Kakashi and Suzume raced across the training grounds. The girl was starting to loose speed after having sparred for six rounds.

"She's really fast.", Anko said as the girl caught up to Kakashi. She smirked, excited.

Suzume swung her katana at the Jōnin. It was a narrow miss. He dodged at the very last second, leaving her without footing.

He leapt into the air, throwing a lightning blade at her. It barely missed her as she swung out of its way. She sheathed her katana.

"She is.", Ibiki said with a small frown. He didn't quite like the image of a weakened Suzume, it didn't suit her.

Kakashi landed on his feet, immediately going in for a roundabout kick. It landed square the girl's face. She flew from the impact and collided with a wall. She struggled to get back on her feet.

"That had to hurt.", Anko commented with a wince.

Kakashi ran so fast at Tama that the spectators could barely follow with their eyes. Tama followed suit, although somewhat slower. Most of it was a blur, making the experience all the more amazing.

Fists collided whith cheeks. Feet and knees met stomachs and chests. It went on and on, until something odd suddenly happened.

"Wait, what's that in Suzume's hand?", Genma asked, perking up inhis seat. He squinted, trying to get a better look at the hazy thing.

The girl had something purple, or green... Purple and green? Something purple and green was in her right hand. No, it was on her hand. The thing quickly crept up her lower arm. It was spreading.

 It was spreading