Chapter 44

I held the cup tighter in my hand and followed as Tofunmi dragged Selena outside.

"What's wrong? Is it because of the breakup?" Tofunmi asked while Olayinka came into view with drowsiness obvious in her face

"Should I tell her?" Selena asked me and I shrugged
"He tried to rape her that weekend" Selena confessed while Tofunmi stood frozen
"Wait...wait...wait Thomas tried to rape you, like actually rape you, Thomas?"
"Yes" I replied
"Are you ok?"
"Who tried to rape...Thomas?"  Olayinka said with confusion and I sighed
"Yes, I guess, I'm over it now"
"How did you protect yourself?"
"Mal...I umm...I threw things at him myself "
"Who knew he was that disgusting?" Selena said
"Why didn't you tell us before"
"I didn't want to bother you or even talk about it" I said and a tear dropped from my eye and Selena immediately wrapped me in a hug.
"It's ok, shhhh, it's going to be fine" Tofunmi whispered as she joined in the hug

◇◇◇

I got up from bed because of the continuous beeping of my phone with countless messages from Malik.

Malik: Can we talk?
Malik: Why did you suddenly blow me off?
Malik: Is everything ok?
Malik: Did I do something?
Malik: Please call me when you see this, ok?
Malik:I'm sorry if I did something wrong.
Malik: I love you.
Malik: Please text me back.
Malik: I'm worried.
Malik: You still love him don't you?

I could tell he sincerely cared but I didn't want any trouble at all. I needed to control my feelings and do the right thing.

Me: Don't text me anymore, RESPECTFULLY, please delete my number. You're dating my best friend for goodness sake.

I got ready for school in my uniform; cream shirt and black pleated skirt. I wore a pair of black transparent pantyhose and combat boots to match.

I really need to change my hair.

I probably need a new personality change with all this.

I'm starting the year afresh with a new me.

No Malik. No problems.

I carried my bag and rushed downstairs to see mom dishing out my breakfast.

"You're up early, Malik isn't here to pick you up?"
"Nah, I decided I needed space from him"
"Why? Suddenly you need space?"
"Some stuffs" I said before stuffing a pancake into my mouth in a hurry.

I got to school early and as I walked through the hallways,people didn't gossip this time it was all normal, nothing much happened and best of all Selena was in school.

Thank God, I fixed it.

While the teacher was scribbling on the board, I quickly tapped Selena.

"What's up?" She asked whispering
"I think I need to change my hair" I said lowering my voice
"I've been waiting my whole life for that statement!"
"It's not like I had this locs for long"
"Oh really? 9 months isn't long abi?" She asked rolling her eyes
"It's not like I don't wash it"
"Even though"

After classes Selena pulled me to her hair salon. You know I've missed this...us bonding together. Ever since she died I was not the same.

The hairdresser looked surprised to see her.
"I did braids for you not too long ago, Selena"
"I know it's not me, it's her, my friend, I want you to give her a new look"

I watched a the hairdresser pulled out the locs from my hair in horror.

My locs.

My beautiful hair.

But they're not real, just faux locs.

But still.

After getting rid of the locs she loosened my hair and combed out my big ass afro.

"I need the dye off, can I?" She asked
"Yeah...yeah" I said and I watched as my blonde hair turned to black.

I feel like crying.

But they're not real, you dyed it blonde.

But still.

"What style would you like?"
"Give her Fulani braids it'll fit her" Selena said bringing a picture from her phone
"Ok" The hairdresser nodded and proceeded to work.

After about 3 hours of occupying this salon, I was finally done and when Selena turned to look at me she screamed.

"Jesus is it that bad?" I asked horrified
"No look!" She said turning me to the mirror

I gulped at my reflection. I looked different like so, so, so different. It felt weird. But I looked good, yes.

"I need to get a picture for Tofunmi"  Selena said clicking her camera.

■■■《A/N》■■■

I don't know why I decided to write this wack chapter but I did. Hi.