Chapter 37

I smiled and I knew I already had Tofunmi's support.
I glanced at him and he looked away from me, before I could be sure about my decision, I needed to know one thing.

"Where is Noel?" I asked
"They're still fighting" Niyi replied
"Oh ok" I said
"Malik, what caused the fight between you and Noel and why did you date Selena in the first place" I quickly asked and the food he was eating got stuck in his throat
"Water...." He gasped and I quickly passed him a bottle of water

After a few minutes of calming down he sighed.

"I can't say..."
"Then you shouldn't bother on fixing our relationship" I said frowning
"Noel asked me to date her..." He said
"And you just did?"
"Noel likes Selena" He said and I gasped

Well I certainly wasn't expecting that.

"Woah!" Tofunmi said surprised
"But that doesn't add up still" Niyi said
"Noel asked me to date Selena when he found out she liked me, he didn't want her to be heartbroken because he knew I didn't like her back so he made me promise to not break her heart and I didn't want to disappoint him so I agreed, before I met Tyra" He explained

So now I get it! The reason why they were fighting after Selena found out and why he was asking about Selena from me all these while.

"But if you like someone why would you want them to be with another person?" Olayinka asked
"Well, I guess he liked her so much he couldn't bear to see her sad" Niyi replied
"I'm going to see Selena tomorrow"I announced
"Sorry, Tyra, Me, Malik and Yinka won't be able to come, we have an important test tomorrow" Niyi replied
"I guess its just me and Tofunmi then"
"We might still make it, might" Yinka said shrugging
"Ok"

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡

I put on my baggy denim jeans, crocs and a body-con long sleeve crop top and texted Tofunmi.

Me: Should I come and pick you up? I'm ready oh.
Tofunmi: Sorry I can't, Mom is taking me to her office to work😭
Me: Fine, I guess I'm going alone then
Tofunmi: Sorry! I'll make it up to you! I'll come there later! Ok?😅
Me: Ok! See you😩

I headed outside and took a cab straight to Selena's house. When I got there and I knocked on the gate. The security refused to let me in, not even after 20 minutes of excessive begging, was she that pissed off at me she wanted nothing to do with me, I mean she literally told her security man not to let me in.

Pissed off, I sat down in a corner beside her gate, getting sweaty because of the extremely hot sun. I went to check her back gate but that was locked. Then I suddenly remembered something.

When we were in Jss3 and I was over at her house there was a small opening behind her house she used so we could sneak put to buy snacks because her mom wouldn't let us.

I switched on the torch from my phone and sneaked into the small dark dusty vent and tried to crawl through but I wasn't joking when I said it was small, when I tried to pass my body through it was too cramped and I couldn't move, I sighed in frustration and blamed it on my fat butt.

Who knew having a fat ass was going to be a disadvantage.

That means I had to lie down flat but my body would get dusty in the process but whatever, anything for Selena, and that was me for the next ten minutes slithering like a snake until I saw light and I breath a sigh of relief and I got out of the vent, straight into Selena's room.

And guess what guys! I have exciting news! I searched her room and saw absolutely nobody, I went to her parent's room, nobody, I went to her sister's room, absolutely nobody. Like what the hell? I crawled through the vent for absolutely nothing, I checked the mirror and looked like and absolute mess, the top of my clothes had brown dust all over them and that took me 7 minutes to get rid of it.

But where could they be? Did they travel abroad or something? That's not possible because the security wouldn't be inside and the house wasn't empty, I went through the house for clues when I saw a sticky note on the fridge.

'Your food is in the fridge, chicken pepper soup, your favourite, warm it in the microwave. I'm in St. Paul Hospital, I rushed Selena to the hospital last night.'

My heart pounded in my chest as I read the last sentence, this was Selena's mom handwriting and what did she mean by rushing Selena to the hospital?

I quickly called Tofunmi as panic rose in my heart.

Tofunmi: Hello?
Me: Selena was rushed to the hospital yesterday night.
Tofunmi: Shit! What happened?
Me: I dunno, that's what I'm about to find out,I'll go to the hospital now and call you back.
Tofunmi: Please hurry and update me so I'll meet you there as soon as mom releases me.
Me: Ok.

I went out through the back door and unlocked the back gate and sneaked out of there.

I quickly took a nearby cab to the hospital and got there within 7 minutes, I went to the front desk and asked for "Selena Adeola".

And immediately one of the nurses led me to room '021' and I entered to see Selena's mother crying in a corner praying for her daughter to wake up and Selena.......

■■■《A/N》■■■
Heyyyyyyy!!!! How are you guys doing hope y'all are good, I decide to bless you guys with another update, oya say thank you aunty Lv, say ittttttt, whatever did you guys enjoy this chapter? I know I did. Don't forget to press that little orange star button so I can update the novel. Thank youuu and see you in the next chapter.