Chapter 7

I was about to finish freshening up and put on my lipgloss and checked the mirror to put the concealer but the hickey wasn't really there anymore, Today I can't lie I am nervous to show up in school. What if Malik told Selena we kissed? What the fuck was going to happen? I wiped my sweaty hands and went downstairs to eat cereal for breakfast since mom wasn't done cooking and I was running late. I took a cab to school as I was already late. I got to school 10 minutes later and assembly was already over so I walked to SS2 block and entered my class but luckily there was no teacher there yet. I saw Selena sitted at the back on her seat beside mine and my heart did a little flip and my palms became sweaty, did she know? Are we still going to be besties? I couldn't afford to let a 6 years relationship down the drain. I gulped and walked over to Selena in a fake smile and she immediately hugged me.

"Gosh I was so worried you dumbass!"
"I'm fine now" I said before chuckling in relief it doesn't look like she knows anything or does she?
"Thanks for the chocolate by the way" I said after Selena got off me and then she gave me a confused gaze

"What chocolate?" 
What? Weren't the chocolates from her? Was it from Malik? Then why did he lie? He could've just said it was from him and I would've thanked him properly.

"Never mind" I said
"But you saw my get well soon card right?"
"Yeah I did, I almost died of your cuteness!"
"Olodo!" She yelled
But we couldn't continue with our discussion because the teacher walked into the class. Then after surviving 5 long, exasperating, traumatizing classes, it was time for break, my favourite time of the day, I literally jump from my seat in excitement, whenever the time keeper comes out of her class to ring the bell. I just couldn't stay in class any longer, it was like I could die of boredom. So then when we going out of our class I had time to ask,

"Did Malik maybe tell you details of what happened on friday afternoon"
"No we didn't even talk again since he left closing time,What happened?" She asked
"Nothing, he was just insulting me throughout" I said before rolling me eyes

Liar! My mind screamed

"You're such a bad liar!" Selena said before chuckling and I gulped,
Did she know already? How could she see through me? I internally panicked as my hand became more sweaty.
"Lemme guess, you guys fought again and you're trying to not make me know about this!"
Thank you Lord!

"Yeah" I nodded in response
"Too bad! We're going to his class now"
"What? Who and who? Who are the 'we'?"I asked
"Me and you, whether you like it or not! You guys have to get along at one point, for me please" She begged and I sighed, I couldn't just resist.
"Fine" I muttered as we got to the front of his class
"Thank you!" She said before holding my hand as we both entered the class, it wasn't as full as the last time I came there, People were probably in the cafeteria, library or roaming around. We entered  the class to see like 10 people in class including Malik who was with his two friends talking both Noel and Niyi. Selena walked towards his direction and I internally groaned because I had to follow. My heart race in panic as Malik turned to face us, I dunno why I was suddenly scared.

Really? You are telling me you dunno why you're scared after committing atrocities with your best friend's man
My mind screamed

Ok you don't have to make me feel bad, I argued back.

So you're not supposed to be feeling bad? Cos I don't understand you o

You don't have to understand me, you're my mind amateur!
Selena immediately hugged Malik why he kissed her on the cheek and I looked away awkwardly. It would be best to be avoiding him from now hence forth.
"Heyy babe, let's have lunch in the cafeteria"
"Hey! My guys are coming too, Noel and Niyi"
"No problem na since Tyra is coming too" They both held hands as we all walked to the cafeteria. We saw Tofunmi sitting on an empty table by her self, I almost forgot she existed sef, she was typing on her phone and her half eaten cookie was opened. Selna spotted her and came to join her while I and Niyi went to order for everyone because I just wanted to use any form of excuse to avoid Malik. I got a N2000 hamburger  which Niyi paid for and one 5 alive drink while I got Selena her favourite chicken pie and fanta, Malik got the rest of the snacks for the guys and we went back to our table where we were all sat, With Malik beside Selena who was beside Tofunmi with me beside Tofunmi followed by Niyi with Noel beside him. Selena,Malik and Tofunmi  were all discussing while I was busy texting on my phone.

"So did you find your prince Charming?" Niyi whispered
"No, maybe he's not in this school"
"Are you giving up already?"
"Honestly, I feel like its a waste of time already, looking for someone who has probably forgotten my existence"
"Eeya! Don't worry you won't be single forever, you have me!" Niyi said and I chuckled
"Awwn I can't wait for our wedding in future" I said sarcastically
"Omo our wedding will be mad even Burna boy and Wizkid will be there"
"Dey play" I said before laughing and sipping my drink
"And when did you guys become close?" Malik asked and dropped my drink. What was his business wasn't he discussing with his girl and Tofunmi? Why am I even acting jealous sef?

"Since she started looking for he mystery guy" Niyi said before wiggling his brows
"What mystery guy?"
"None of your business asshole, when did my matter start concerning you?" I said in anger
"No vex o" He said
"Why are just so angry over nothing" Selena asked
"Because he needs to mind his business at times, if I don't want to share it with him, I don't, period, if you like jump off a cliff its none of my my business" I yelled

Everywhere was quiet then Tofunmi awkwardly sipped from her already empty bottle and I glared at her.

"Are you on your period or something why are you just vexing?" Tofunmi asked before rolling her eyes
"If you'll excuse me, I need to go back to class" I said before carrying my drink and walked out of there to my class which was almost empty.
■■■《A/N》■■■
This chapter might've seemed a little boring but  bear with me, it'll get better I promise. Please don't forget to vote and comment Love you all💚💚💚