Chapter 23

I dragged my travelling bag into the trunk of mom's jeep before Petra engulfed me into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you dumbass"
"I'll miss you too Kike"
"You and Thomas should not try anything oh"
"Can't keep promises"
"Or I'm telling your mom"
"You snitch"I said as I gritted my teeth and got into the car and waved goodbye to the rest of the extended family. School was resuming in 2 days and I needed to get ready. Mom started the engine and we set off on our journey and I logged into Whatsapp to greet my friends because it had been long since we kept in touch.

Tyra: Finally coming home bitches!!!😝
Tofunmi: Gosh I miss you! Can't wait to see you on Monday!!!
Tyra: You miss me or you miss your lover Aaron.
Tofunmi:🖕😑🖕
Tyra: Keep shut, you think we didn't catch you guys kissing the other time🙄
Tofunmi: You will come and tell me this shit on Monday😒 If I no slap you call me bastard
Tyra: You no fit do am😏 You know I can stop my brother from seeing you for a week
Tofunmi: Idiot no one asked, greet Aaron for me btw😚

I turned back to face Aaron who was on his phone at the back seat.

"Tofunmi said I should greet you" I said and he tried to hide his smile and Tina giggled
"Lover boy, I thought you weren't interested in child abuse"
"They're dating?" Mom turned to ask me
"I dunno for them" I said shrugging before going back to Whatsapp

Tyra: Dumbass I've greeted his for you and he was blushing 🙄 its only God that knows what you put in his stew.
Tofunmi: You're jealous because you don't have a man

And I scoffed.

Tyra: Stop being brainless Tofunmi, Just wait till I surprise you on Monday
Tofunmi: What suprise?
Tyra: If I tell you it wouldn't be a suprise anymore.
Selena: Hey guyys😍
Tofunmi: Whatever🙄
Tyra: Hey Selena🤗
Selena: I fucking missed you bestie, I'm crying😭
Tyra: Its fine to be obsessed with me, I don't blame you😭
Selena: what kind of animal are you.
Tyra: Ur animal😏
Selena:You lack sense aswr
Tofunmi: That was what I was trying to tell her since oh😂
Selena: What suprise are you guys talking about?
Tofunmi:🤷🏽‍♀️
Tyra: Just wait...
Selena: Malik asked of you🙂
Tyra:.....Abeg abeg🙄 he's annoying

I put off my internet connection in annoyance and dropped my phone on my lap to take in the nice natural scene.

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

(PLAY AGORA HILLS BY DOJA CAT HERE)

My alarm buzzed and I turned over and groaned trying to open my blurry eyes I tried to press the button to dismiss the alarm but it ends up falling off ringing furiously on the ground woke me up and I immediately stood up from my bed and went to pick the alarm and after I went straight to the bathroom.

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

I wore my new black army boots and I put on my black jacket. I took my school bag and filled it up with my books and necessary things. I tied my hair into a ponytail and I heard honking from downstairs. I looked out my window to see Thomas waiting for me dressed in our school uniform, cream long sleeve button down shirt, black pants, black and cream stripes sweater vest. His hair was packed in a messy ponytail with some strands let down. I positioned my bag on my shoulder and left my room coming face to face with Tina who was in a blue bonnet and purple silk nightgown.

"Who's the person asking for you at the gate?"
"Thomas" I replied
"Who's Thomas? Couldn't you just tell Malik to pick you up?"
"Malik has a girlfriend" I said sternly before turning to leave
I got into his car while his driver sped away and he engulfed me in a hug and I chuckled at his cuteness.

After a few minutes the car stopped in front of my school. We got down and Thomas held on to my hand as I led him to the school and into the Admin office to get him registered. He got posted to SS2D and I walked him to his class and waved him goodbye before walking directly to my class.

Immediately I entered the class my body was squeezed like an orange by Selena herself.

"I missed you geez!"
"Your obsessed with me aren't you?" I asked before smirking
"Where's the goat....Tofunmi?" I asked
"That's her with Niyi over there" She said pointing to the two

Niyi noticed the pointing and turned to our direction with wide eyes before running up to me and the next thing I knew I was hanging in the air.

"Put me down Niyi!!!" I said before rolling my eyes as he lowered me to the ground level.

"My babbyyy" Tofunmi  yelled with wide arms and I did the same giving her a big hug.

Before we could even catch up our English teacher entered.

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

It was lunch break and I felt relieved when they finally rang that freaking bell. I was about to accompany the girls to the cafeteria when Malik suddenly barged in and my hearbeat raced and I gasped. He looked even more mature than last term and even had an haircut, he definitely looked more sexy. It took all the self restraint in me not to hug him, I missed him so so much but he wasn't mine.

Selena kissed him on the cheek and he smiled at her, they seemed to be flirting with all the smiles here and there and holding hands. After a few minutes they finished their conversation and he came towards me and my breath hitched. I didn't want him beside me because I would fall for him even more. Before he could even utter a word someone's hand was wrapped around my waist, Thomas.

He turned to leave awkwardly and I smiled in relief at the distraction. I wasn't ready to face him just yet.

"How did you find me?" I asked
"I went to some of your classmates to ask for your class by using your full name"
"I see, you must be hungry let's go" i said pulling him with me.

"Who's the guy?" Tofunmi asked
"Oh here's the suprise! Tofunmi meet Thomas my friend from Ibadan, Thomas this is Tofunmi"
"Hi!" Tofunmi greeted with a smile
"Hello!"

Just then Selena came towards us.

"Who's this?"
"The 'suprise', she brought someone from Ibadan" Tofunmi replied
"Oh hi! I'm Selena!"
"Thomas! Nice to meet you!"
"Come! Follow us to the cafeteria!" Selena said pulling the both of us with Tofunmi behind

We met Malik, Niyi and Olayinka laughing at our usual table and we went to seat beside them.

"Oh the new guy!" Yinka said looking at him
"You know him?" I asked
"Yeah girls have been talking about him since" Yinka replied
"Don't worry I have only eyes for you!" He said kissing my neck and I chuckled
"Oooh!" Tofunmi said giving me a teasing look
"His name is Thomas by the way" Selena announced

■■■《A/N》■■■
I'll continue in the next chapter I have to go! I have notes to write byeeee see u in 3 or 4 days. Mwah!!!
-Lv