Chapter 13

Exams finished last week and Noel decided to throw a party at his house tonight... I didn't actually want to go but Selena and Tofunmi kept insisting that I come but I kept refusing until they barged into my house uninvited, like can you believe those brats? And now I was their mannequin for the hour as they kept trying different clothes on me. Ughh...couldn't they just choose one outfit and let me go for goodness sake! They told me to try a blue turtle neck dress after but they couldn't just agree with it and I decided to wear a black oversized denim cargo pants with a black oversized top with white Nike Airforce 1 sneakers yeah I was just so obsessed with the shoe I had two pairs 😍and a silver chain to go with it and carried my tote bag along.

        TYRA'S OUTFIT♡

TYRA'S OUTFIT♡

Btw guys I forgot to tell you I passed Biology! I got 52/60 in the exam and came out with 70/100. At first I couldn't believe getting such a score in Biology of all subject but I did! And Malik got 90/100, Lucky guy, he is so good at everything Malik was so proud and offered to buy me a gift. We took a cab to Noel's place and arrived there 20 minutes later. It was a small party for his classmates and us of course. And we got to his house and some of their class mates were hanging out in the sitting room chatting and all, I decided to just chill and stay with them in the sitting room but Selena dragged me with her to the kitchen.

Noel and Niyi were mixing a couple of drinks together while Malik was snacking on the kitchen island, Noel noticed us and they turned to us with a smile. Before I knew it someone lifted me from the ground engulfing me into a big bear hug and I smiled when I saw him and hugged him back.

"This one that you guys are on good terms these days hope we're safe" Niyi said
"Asin" Tofunmi pitched in and Malik let me go.
"Is it not good we're no longer fighting?" I asked
"Shey you will not hug me too abi?" Selena said pouting to Malik while folding her arms and he wrapped his arms around her in a hug.
"So what are you guys up to?" I asked
"We're trying to make Chapman, Tyra" Noel answered
"Why's your party like this na? You guys should play music!" Selena said bringing out her pink JBL bass speaker from her bag

She connected it to her phone and One dance by Drake started playing and she took it to the living room and she switched off the lights and increased the volume until the house was booming from music and sighed, I really wasn't in the mood for parties.

"Selena be calming down na!" Tofunmi yelled and the girl couldn't even hear her from the kitchen, she was already busting moves on the dance floor.
"Let me help!" I said as I collected the snacks from Niyi and headed to the living room with him.

After setting everything up the party was in full bloom with Big boy sped up by Sza playing and there were even more people and I lost Selena and Tofunmi and since I was forced here I just plugged in my earplugs and went to sit in a corner to watch tiktoks.

It had been a while since I had been on my phone, I was about to remove my air pods but someone removed it for me, Malik.

"Why are you here?"
"To take you!" He yelled
"To where?"
"I dunno Tyra, anywhere but here, you don't look like you're enjoying the party"
"Ok!" I yelled and he grabbed my hands and we went outside and deeper into the streets till we couldn't hear the music again.

"So y'know I promised you a gift right?"
"Yeah Malik"
"Well I bought these for us, what do you think?" He said holding up a pair yin-yang necklaces.
"I've seen a lot of people wearing this necklace its nice, I love it"
"Great! White or black?"
"Gimme the white....but what about Selena?"
"Its not like there's something going between us... we're just friends"

That statement made my heart drop, really is that what he thought? All this was just friendship? I couldn't blame him anyways

That statement made my heart drop, really is that what he thought? All this was just friendship? I couldn't blame him anyways... like who wouldn't like Selena? She was literally perfect, she's brilliant, beautiful, funny, extrovert and all,while I needed someone to tutor me before I can pass a subject, I didn't talk that much,I didn't have much friends mostly because I had a resting bitch face like Niyi said.. Anybody who look at me for the first time would think I'm rude. Maybe I was just overthinking.

"I need to go" I said as he gave me the necklace and I just left him there and took the necklace, I needed to think.

I didn't want to get too attached to him yet... I was already hurt because he called me just a friend. I decided to just go home.

■■■■《A/N》■■■■
Another short chapter, sorry guys this was a filler chapter we'll soon get to the interesting parts of the book. And I would like to thank all of you that had been with me since the beginning...Thank you so much for giving my book a chance💚 don't forget to vote, comment and share thanks!