Chapter 38

Play "Everything I wanted" by Billie Eilish on repeat.

.....and I entered to see Selena's mother crying in a corner praying for her daughter to wake up and Selena laying flat on the bed with several machines connected to her who was laying pale and thin on the bed and fear gripped me making my entire body shake violently and my phone dropped from my grip to the ground.

"That's not Selena right?" I asked the nurse in denial
"Tell me you took me to the wrong room" I begged the nurse holding her hands
"Tyra.." Selena's  mom called me and my throat began to turn itchy
"What happened?" I asked not even recognising my voice anymore

"She's in coma" Her mother said looking down
"What do you mean coma? She was fine not long ago, and now she's in coma?" I asked

"She slipped into depression, I dunno what actually happened and she started starving herself for a week and as a result she was diagnosed with hypoglycemia which resulted to coma and she hadn't woken up for 10 days now"

Because of me.....

I caused this, I wanted to apologise to her and we'll be on good terms not this! I just wanted my best friend back the way she was.

"10 days?" I asked
"I thought...wasn't it last night?"
"No" Her mother said and a tear escaped my eye
"She'll...She'll wake up right? She'll be fine right?"
"Tyra...I don't know"
"There's a fifty percent chance she'll wake up"

And I chuckled
"Selena, you better get your ass up from that bed, I give you 2 days to wake up! Stop playing with my stupid heart" I said rushing out of there with my things and I ran to a nearby bathroom to let all the tears out. I gripped the sink basin for support.

What if she doesn't wake up?

Because of Me!

I did this!

I could've just told her!

I broke her....

If I knew it all then, would I do it again?

The images of Selena's pissed off reaction at me popped in my head.

"Don't touch me, slut!" Selena yelled and my heart dropped at the name she just called me

Just then my phone rang, it was a call from Tofunmi.

Me: (sniffs) She's... She's  in St. Paul Hospital
Tofunmi: Tyra... I'm coming over with my mom, are you ok? Tyra..what happened?
Me: Selena...Selena's in coma...because of me
Tofunmi: Calm down! Coma? How? When? Why?
Me: From that day, Selena suffered from depression, she starved herself and got hypoglycemia and entered a comatose state
Me: Tofunmi? Answer me
Tofunmi:I...I...I'll call you when we're there,stay put (sniffs)

I switched off my phone and washed my face. I walked towards the front desk and waited for Tofunmi who arrived 5 minutes later, she looked like she's been crying. I looked down in guilt because it was all me wasn't it?

I walked to her and she wrapped her hands around me in a hug and I held the tears back, I didn't want to cry again.

"Where's she?" Her mother asked
"Room 021, third floor" I replied and they followed me to Selena's ward.

I slowly opened the door and then Tofunmi entered, followed by her mother and then I entered. I could bear to see Selena in that manner, I could lose my self control.

Tofunmi smiled sadly and held Selena's hand while her tears dropped uncontrollably and I was sure my eyes were very red by now.

The mom's were discussing when Tofunmi asked me,

"Remember Selena's favourite song?" Tofunmi said

Dandelions by Ruth B.

She sang that song EVERYTIME always with a smile on her face

"Let's sing it maybe she'll wake up"

And then like two desperate people we started singing it with a sad smile plastered on our face. Our voices were too rough from crying too much.

"Its my fault isn't it?"
"No it's not stop thinking like that!" Tofunmi said frowning at me
"It is, I swore to never betray her, but that was the same thing I did, we've been bestfriend for so long and because of my foolish heart, I fell in love with guy and betrayed her"
"You do know you can't have control over whoever you love, like me to your brother" She said
"We all make mistakes, Tyra, and it's good that you own up to them and take responsibility that's enough! Don't try to kill yourself over it"
"I...need to go home"
"We'll take you home" Tofunmi suggested
"No, I'll go, alone"

■■■《A/N》■■■
Kinda short right? I know! I know! What do you think, do you think Selena is a drama queen for starving herself or other opinions,I dunno. Vote and comment! Thanks!!!