First Day.

I was staring out of the window of the bus, looking at the moving trees. Today was a sunny and bright day, a totally good day for my first day of High School. I sighed as I thought of that, it's not like I hated school but I always question the education system that what we are learning, is it really useful..? Sure if you want to opt for a particular field then it's okay but if you want to be a business man or something, more than half the things will be of zero use. But when I heard about Advance Nurturing High School, it peaked my interest as it stood out from other schools. One of the main reason I decided to join this school, because of its ace results and a 100% guarantee to get in any university or job. If I wanted to become someone who is respected for who he is, this can surely help me in the future.

I took a quick glance at the boy who was sitting besides me, he had a poker face and was looking outside the window just like me. But I did notice something, through his emotionless eyes, probably because of bad past or trauma, were the eyes of curiosity. He peaked my interest and for the first time in my life, I myself started a conversation, normally I won't even say a word to a person unless they want to talk to me but this time was different, this boy seemed to be interesting...and emotionless? May be cause that's not possible. If there is something wrong, I'll surely try and help him, afterall that's who I am. I took a deep breath and got in a eye contact with the boy.

"Hey..." I said with a low yet normal voice.

He didn't lose his composure nor his poker face. He simply replied in a monotone voice.

"Hey..." Though his voice was monotone I could still point out a glimpse of confusion as if 'is he talking to me?'

"I can see from your uniform that you go to the same school as me, I'm sure you've noticed too." I said in an attempt to start a conversation, though I was bad at it he looked like a guy who isn't much social so I guess it's whatever.

"Hm yea" he again said in his monotone voice.

"What's your name..?" I asked.

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka"

"I see, well nice to meet ya Ayanokoji. I am
Mizuhara Kai" I said.

"What class are you in..?" I asked

"Class 1-D"

Oh well that's great I guess, he's in the same class as me.

"Damn what a coincidence, we are in the same class!" I said with a small smile.

"Coincidences can be freaky." He simply stated, I gotta say that statement can't be more true. Coincidences sure are freaky.

"I observed from our small conversation that you don't seem to socialize that much, Ayanokoji."

"You're right Mizuhara-san, you see I've never had friends." He said with a neutral face, he wasn't all dry...he just wasn't used to having conversation and expressing his emotions.

I sighed. "That's sad ya know, I am also a introverted person like you but I've had friends in the past. Is there any particular reason of why you don't have any friends..?"

Ayanokoji POV:

I saw that question coming after I stated I had no friends. Though I can't just tell him about the whiteroom, so I decided to come up with half lie and half truth.

"I've been homeschooled all these years and well haven't had many experiences outside." I replied.

He just stared at me and then said after a few seconds with a smile on his face.

"Well is it okay if I become your first friend..?"

I was taken aback a bit by that question, but managed to maintain my composure. He seemed like a genuine guy and helpful too, just like Matsuo. I don't know if he'll be useful but one of my goals in this highschool was to make some genuine friends, may be he can be the first of them.
I tried to force a smile but it didn't work.