Katie is standing still next to a bright pink power suit on display. She's looking past it through the window but I know she's paying close attention to the conversation going on behind her.

"How could Veronica Kelley let her back into the dimension after what she did?" One of the ladies states.

"That's the thing, the rumor is the principal of the school last year gave her the position, and took the vice principal position,"

"What if she forced him out of the position?" the two are in their late early fifties, probably have students at the school.

"I wouldn't put it past her."

"I wonder how long she'll last," they keep going and as they continue I watch Katie's hands ball into fists.

"Let's go somewhere else," I say, gripping her elbow. I jump back. She accidentally shocked me. Damn did that hurt.

"Let's go," I plead.

Finally she starts moving. Slowly we make our way down the hall through the array of different shops. She looks through the windows not stepping inside until we find the survival store. She immediately steps inside.

The shop is filled with people of all ages, everyone goggling over the orbs on the shelves. Above each stack of orbs lies a shelf dedicated to the product inside of the orb. Some are emergency foods. I recognize a mini oven like the one Terrence and I had confiscated our final year at Crystal high. I look away. There are compatible beds, even power suits that are collapsible. Everything gleams and smells of new metal and plastic.

Katie buys an assortment of orbs, stuffing them in a large bag at her side. She isn't talking though, her eyes focused on the bag she is filling.

"Katie," I whisper under my breath.

"I want to go get something for my freeze ray, wanna go to another shop," I can see the ladies from before slide through the automatic doors. She begrudgingly agrees and we head to the weapons store.

As a college student there are a lot more options to buy for my gun. I found an ice grappler that will impale enemies and bring them towards me. It's not the only thing either. Anything to keep my last living remnant of Terrence alive.

I find a grip for the freeze ray along with something that will enhance it's power. I have to get better if I'm going to stand next to Katie.